Gold update

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

gfmucci

Gold update

Post by gfmucci »

I already have Gold installed. I got a message to update to latest version. The only options on the website are Regular update or to pay for Gold again.

What is the best way to update my existing paid for Gold version?
MMFrLife

Re: Gold update

Post by MMFrLife »

Just download the free and intall on top of the current one, then input license key if Gold features don't work.
Make sure you back up all your key files first.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
dannyno

Re: Gold update

Post by dannyno »

gfmucci wrote:I already have Gold installed. I got a message to update to latest version. The only options on the website are Regular update or to pay for Gold again.

What is the best way to update my existing paid for Gold version?
Those aren't the only options.

If you're looking at the "download" page (http://www.mediamonkey.com/download/), scroll down and look under the Free vs Gold features table. You'll see a "Download Now" button under the "Free" column, and a "Get Gold" button under the "Gold" column. And under the "Get Gold" button is a link that says "Existing Gold Users Click Here" - click on that (i.e. not the "Get Gold" button).