Tag Management

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cinevision

Re: Tag Management

Post by cinevision »

I must be missing something.. running Win v. 4.1.15.1830
help file on synchronizing tags says "In the Explorer, select /Library/Files to Edit/Unsynchronized Tags.." WHERE do I find that? What "explorer" are they talking about?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Media Tree under the Collection you're using (like Music). So Music > Files to Edit > Unsynchronized Tags.
cinevision

Post by cinevision »

ahh.. got it.. thanks
freedomfries323

Post by freedomfries323 »

I just ran into a tagging issue myself. I edited tags on my music OUTSIDE of MM, but these changes weren't reflected in my MM media library, even after re-scanning forlders and doing a library "cleanup". For some reason, MM's library seems to keep its own set of tags???

Can someone shed some light?

As an aside, anyone who wishes to manage tags on a large scale should go and download "MP3 Tag".

It's for windows and Mac OS, I lets you edit tags from multiple files at a time, it has an auto look up feature that lets you find the tags for all the tracks you selected using online databases. AWESOME

It's a great complement to MM or iTunes, or for anyone wanting to deeply curate their music library.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Rescanning should pickup tag changes, unless:

1) The outside Tagger didn't tag the actual files

2) The outside Tagger didn't update the specific tags MediaMonkey reads (using either other tags or another tagging standard: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... erties/4.0)

3) The outside Tagger didn't update the files Timestamp (by default MediaMonkey only re-reads files with changed Timestamp, Tools > Options > Library)

4) The options to update info from tags when rescanning files is disabled (Tools > Options > Library)

5) The file has corrupt headers (preventing either proper tagging, proper reading of tags or both)
freedomfries323

Post by freedomfries323 »

Super helpful, thanks!
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Out of curiosity, were you able to successfully tag your files and have it recognized in MMW? I'm a beginning user but I'm interested in a good way to tag files with artists and composers, but with a couple 1000 albums in my library I'm not sure its practical without using online data sources in the way that you mentioned.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester