Move media monkey to new computer - program files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tarasdi

Move media monkey to new computer - program files

Post by tarasdi »

Hi all,

I'm having to move MM to a new computer, and am trying to move _everything_ (database, scripts, extensions, etc) across.

I've found a whole bunch of files for scripts & extensions underneath C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey, which I've copied across, and it looks like they get picked up by MM.

However, there is what looks to be a parallel folder structure underneath C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey.

What are the difference between the two, and should I move the latter?

Thanks

Taras
MMFrLife

Re: Move media monkey to new computer - program files

Post by MMFrLife »

MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
tarasdi

Post by tarasdi »

Hi,

Yes I've copied over the db files. I also wanted to copy across my plugins and extensions, which seems to work if I copy across the folders from the Roaming folder.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

tarasdi wrote:What are the difference between the two, and should I move the latter?
The files in "program" are the core files. The ones in "Users" allow access to the program by a particular user.

If the ones you copied work, that's all you need.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
tarasdi

Post by tarasdi »

Ah ok, that makes sense, thanks very much!