Losing files?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MrBill3

Losing files?

Post by MrBill3 »

I am using version 4.0.7.1511, unregistered.

My playlist consists of a little over 3,000 titles which I play in random order for an hour or so, then not again for another week or two. When I start up the program again, the playlist is VERY slow to load, usually taking 4-5 minutes on a fast PC. What's more is that the "Played #" has reset itself to zero for the entire list and the "Last Played" is now showing that no selections in this list have ever played!

My guess is that some file is disappearing, but I have no idea which one it might be. OR . . . there might be some parameter that I am supposed to check (or uncheck) - I've dug in the options and haven't been able to find such a parameter.

Note that I use CCleaner but MediaMonkey is not checked.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Bill
Lowlander

Re: Losing files?

Post by Lowlander »

Are you playing a Playlist from the Playlists node in MediaMonkey, the My Computer node or are you opening a Playlist with MediaMonkey from Windows Explorer?
MrBill3

Post by MrBill3 »

Lowlander wrote:Are you playing a Playlist from the Playlists node in MediaMonkey, the My Computer node or are you opening a Playlist with MediaMonkey from Windows Explorer?
I'm not sure what any of that means, but maybe this will help . . . I start MediaMonkey by double clicking on the MM icon which then starts the program and automatically loads my playlist.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That doesn't help as the source of how the files got added to the Now Playing is important. MediaMonkey only tracks plays (Played# and Last Played) for files added from the Library.
MrBill3

Post by MrBill3 »

Lowlander wrote:Are you playing a Playlist from the Playlists node in MediaMonkey, the My Computer node or are you opening a Playlist with MediaMonkey from Windows Explorer?
Based on the above quote, I finally realized I was using MM wrong. The problem is now solved, thanks Lowlander!

- Bill