MM4 current release ==> Volume leveling clicks

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sirandar

MM4 current release ==> Volume leveling clicks

Post by sirandar »

After a Windows 7 x64 updates trashed my install of MM4 I updated to the current release of MM4 (Feb 13 2014)

I lost some settings specifically the volume leveling "Level playback volume to:" reverted to default ON state without me knowing it.

I was listening to a bunch of tracks and I noticed a loud pop in the middle of one track. Played it again and again and it was completely repeatable happening at exactly the same spot.

Normally I would check that track for corruption, but as this has happened before I knew immediately what to do. I disabled "Level playback volume to:" and the problem went away immediately ..... no pop.

This is a completely repeatable bug that has been in MM4 for ages ..... It only happens in about 1/100 tracks but when it does it is completely repeatable. Playing the same problem track in other players = no pop

I am running win7 x64 with a Auzentec Meridian sound card in DD mode.

It isnot a big deal for me as I never use volume leveling anyway, but some of the MM4 users may be troubled by pops and may never figure out to turn off leveling.
Peace through music
Lowlander

Re: MM4 current release ==> Volume leveling clicks

Post by Lowlander »

It's only a known issue for files from Amazon as they have the wrong volume level values (re-analyzing resolves that).