Multiple Playlist Nodes

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

manicjonah

Multiple Playlist Nodes

Post by manicjonah »

Is it possible to have multiple Playlist nodes in MM 4?

My music library is divided by file format. I have both FLAC and MP3 collections in MM. I don't prefer to have a central repository of playlists, I'd rather look for playlists that reference FLAC tracks in a "Playlists" entry associated with my FLAC collections. Same goes for MP3. Having a central Playlists node makes it difficult to assess which playlist I need to queue up (FLAC for home listening, MP3 for syncing to portable devices).

While we're at it, because most of my playlists are generated by dBpoweramp when my CDs are ripped I would like the Playlist node that is associated with each collection to also have its own "Imported" playlist section.

How do I get this done?

Thanks,

MJ
nohitter151

Re: Multiple Playlist Nodes

Post by nohitter151 »

manicjonah wrote:Is it possible to have multiple Playlist nodes in MM 4?

My music library is divided by file format. I have both FLAC and MP3 collections in MM. I don't prefer to have a central repository of playlists, I'd rather look for playlists that reference FLAC tracks in a "Playlists" entry associated with my FLAC collections. Same goes for MP3. Having a central Playlists node makes it difficult to assess which playlist I need to queue up (FLAC for home listening, MP3 for syncing to portable devices).

While we're at it, because most of my playlists are generated by dBpoweramp when my CDs are ripped I would like the Playlist node that is associated with each collection to also have its own "Imported" playlist section.

How do I get this done?

Thanks,

MJ
No, but you can create playlists and use them as nodes under which you put more playlists. For example:

Code: Select all

▼ Playlists:
     ▼ MP3
           Playlist A
           Playlist B
           Playlist C
     ▼ FLAC
           Playlist A
           Playlist B
           Playlist C
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the suggestion! That'll work for now. It doesn't help for the Imported playlists though so I will have to continue my quest to have playlists handled differently . . . unless there's another clever workaround?

MJ
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

nohitter151 wrote:
manicjonah wrote:Is it possible to have multiple Playlist nodes in MM 4?

How do I get this done?

Thanks,

MJ
No, but you can create playlists and use them as nodes under which you put more playlists. For example:

Code: Select all

▼ Playlists:
     ▼ MP3
           Playlist A
           Playlist B
           Playlist C
     ▼ FLAC
           Playlist A
           Playlist B
           Playlist C
Cool, you can do that? Who'd have thought!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:Thanks for the suggestion! That'll work for now. It doesn't help for the Imported playlists though so I will have to continue my quest to have playlists handled differently . . . unless there's another clever workaround?

MJ
You can drag/drop imported playlists anywhere you like.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
manicjonah

Post by manicjonah »

Fair enough. There's a little more management involved then I'd prefer but I do have options I didn't think I had in the first place.

Thanks again!

MJ