Discriminating 24bit from 16bit flac music files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Andre Gosselin

Discriminating 24bit from 16bit flac music files

Post by Andre Gosselin »

Could anyone help me setting up search criteria to select music files (flac format) based on the bit sampling (16 vs 24 bit) and the sampling frequency (44.1KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 Kh, etc). For ex., select 24bit and 96KHz music files. Among the properties offered by MM (4.0.7), the closest one I can find is the bitrate (kbs) property, but it does not appear to do the job.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Lowlander

Re: Discriminating 24bit from 16bit flac music files

Post by Lowlander »

There is the Sample Rate column and criteria for Auto-Playlists. There is nothing for Bit Sampling though.
Andre Gosselin

Post by Andre Gosselin »

Thanks. I thik you are referring to "bitrate (kbs)". Would be nice though to have explicit criteria for sample rate (*not* bitrate) and number of bits. Other music managers I know of feature those (Foobar 2000, Asset UPnP).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm referring to Sample Rate not Bitrate (which is a separate available field). Sample Rate is available in the Details and Art with Details views, the Properties window and as criteria in Auto-Playlists and Collections.
Andre Gosselin

Post by Andre Gosselin »

Hi Lowlander,
I am using the official 4.0.7 MM release, in which the "sample rate" criteria does not exist. I installed a 4.1.0 beta release, and indeed this criteria shows up in the list of criteria to define searches and collections. So "sample rate" seems to have appeared somewhere during the 4.1 development effort. Since 4.1 is still in the beta stage, could it be possible to implement the missing "number of bits" (16 vs 24) search criterium ? This would be great.
Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »