Volume lacks oomph!

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MeMeMe

Volume lacks oomph!

Post by MeMeMe »

I have a set of surround sound headphones.
When I play very bass-y music in iTunes, it causes my headphones to rumble satisfyingly. When in MediaMonkey, it doesn't - the sound is weak.
If I turn up the db on the Equaliser, the sound gets distorted.

Is there any way to solve this?

Post by Guest »

not sure what system you have but i have winxp and i notice that if i use headphones the system will automaticly switch to head phone settings in the speaker panel of the control panel for the system.

this is very annoying but i just stopped using sound at night on this computer.

roving cowboy / keith Hall

i guess i should log in some time today? 8)
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

My headphones are connected to the surround sound sockets, so that doesn't happen (when I want to listen to speakers, I plug them into the headphone socket!)

I figured out the problem:
I'm using the MAD plugin, which allows 24bit and 32bit sound - but if I use either of those, the power of the music vanishes. I'm back to 16-bit, and all is well.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh glad you found the trouble i did not think about it being a 16 bit or 32 bit trouble. so your sound card is a 16 bit card. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Yep, I'd thought it was higher but now I've checked the specs I see it is 16-bit.