Miniplayer with Art?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

emueyes

Miniplayer with Art?

Post by emueyes »

When I move the highlighted album in 'Art + Details' view, the details panel gets random tracks highlighted, which accumulate - that is, the number of tracks highlighted in each new album selected increases until I actually do select something by clicking it. It doesn't do any harm, just looks messy. Is this fixable ?

I'm using MM 4.0.7.1511 and the G-Monkey_PS skin.

I'm new to MM, installed it this afternoon, and in a few hours have it looking and behaving almost exactly how I want. The Art + Details view, especially, has me captivated :) I've spent a LONG time with another player, trying to get a nice coverflow and my best efforts with that aren't as good as MM out of the box. Very impressive indeed. Complaining about spuriously highlighted tracks is a luxury but it does mar the beauty of the cover art.
Last edited by emueyes on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
rovingcowboy

Re: Miniplayer with Art?

Post by rovingcowboy »

i think it is a program code that does it. so it would be a bug, i'm not aware of any way we can make them highlight in the creation of the skins?

oh glad to see your enjoying mm and joined the forum, hope you get help here from us there are lots of us here to help me i'm just a advanced user i don't do any programing but there are lots here that do, and some of them just also happen to be dj's if you need their knowledge for some of that stuff.

check out the options for mm you will see most the stuff you can think about has already been created, or tried to make it in a slightly different way then other programs, mediamonkey does not copy they improve and set path way for others. 8)

not to be out done by the others though Mediamonkey Does have its fair share of program Bugs. :roll:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

I've had a solid attempt to reproduce the problem and can't now. Whatever was going on has fixed itself up, so no problem, it's resolved itself. I wasn't sure where to post that, so tried here. Turns out to be resolved, no issue.

Yep I like MM a lot; other players may have been around for longer, but MM has what I need / want today, it seems more dynamic and is certainly more fun:)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well then it might have been monkey doing some background work and was too busy to correct the selected links at the time, you are a new user so he has to set up data for all your songs and he makes a lot of data per song. wouldn't surprise me if he was taking longer in background on your system, then on someones system thats been a long time user of mm. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

rovingcowboy wrote:... he makes a lot of data per song...
yes, it took 5 1/2 hours for the initial library build :)

I'd confused myself too, at the time. I saw an addon called MonkeyFlow and assumed that I'd need it for getting a coverflow panel working, then not all albums seemed to have artwork (due to, as you point out, background processing quite likely). So I got it to monitor the albums directory I have, which is a share on another machine, but then ended up with duplicate track entries .. a few little beginners mistakes, but easily fixed.

I'd almost given up on the coverflow idea, then saw that iTunes 11 sucked slightly less and I was so close... makes the cover view in mm look even nicer :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep coverflow is different from the built in one.
it looks more like itunes store.

the built in one last i seen it was just a row of covers that moved side to side without getting any larger.
but i've not seen it for some months i use mm 3 more then mm 4. 8)

glad you was only so close to getting that other 11 thing. even more glad you got mediamonkey. :D
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

emueyes wrote:When I move the highlighted album in 'Art + Details' view, the details panel gets random tracks highlighted, which accumulate - that is, the number of tracks highlighted in each new album selected increases until I actually do select something by clicking it. It doesn't do any harm, just looks messy. Is this fixable ?
I don't understand what you mean. Could you show a screenshot?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nohitter151 wrote:
emueyes wrote:When I move the highlighted album in 'Art + Details' view, the details panel gets random tracks highlighted, which accumulate - that is, the number of tracks highlighted in each new album selected increases until I actually do select something by clicking it. It doesn't do any harm, just looks messy. Is this fixable ?
I don't understand what you mean. Could you show a screenshot?
I believe it was doing a right click select and draging at same time.
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

Well now I can get it to multi-select again, reproducing the original error. I wasn't clicking the mouse . It happens when the playing album is different to the 'selected' album, then is set to the 'now playing' album again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emueyes/82 ... hotostream

I've wondered how that situation should be handled, ie browsing while there is a current selection playing. It's handy to browse while using the player, but losing the current playlist hurts.

Sorry if this has all been in the wrong forum area; it seemed to fit but please help if there's a better place for posts like this - skinning problems, UI etc
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Ok now I understand, it seems like the art browser always highlights the first listed track in addition to whatever track was selected from the previous album. Seems like a bug.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
emueyes

Post by emueyes »

@ rovingcowboy I did recall that iWare :o has tentacles everywhere, so yeah, mm saved me from that... last time i used iTunes was in the days of PIIIs.

The new mm 4.x art+detail has a nice carousel effect, a little subtle perhaps, but it looks good. It's only flaw i've seen is this one, losing track sync. Be nice to be able to jump back to the current playing album in the art_detail view too. I don't think the blue track highlight lines in the photo do anything. They (well, should be just it, really) don't even stay in sync with the track playing.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

emueyes wrote:@ rovingcowboy I did recall that iWare :o has tentacles everywhere, so yeah, mm saved me from that... last time i used iTunes was in the days of PIIIs.

The new mm 4.x art+detail has a nice carousel effect, a little subtle perhaps, but it looks good. It's only flaw i've seen is this one, losing track sync. Be nice to be able to jump back to the current playing album in the art_detail view too. I don't think the blue track highlight lines in the photo do anything. They (well, should be just it, really) don't even stay in sync with the track playing.
Oh so they did a little improvement to it since mm 4 beta 1 that i have.