Page 1 of 1

album art(s) messed up

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 pm
by Raffhell
Maybe it has been asked before, but I haven't resolved yet: all the album arts in MM are messed up (I mean the album cover doesn't match in almost every case with the album/artist/song).

I already tried to remove all *.jpg of covers in my music folder, but wrong covers are still displayed.

What addon I can use for refresh ALL my covers? (I've got a lot of files... i'll be veeeeery long xD) or how can I remove all covers? (I hope MM redownload them like wmp does).

I use latest MM Gold, windows 7 x64.

Thank in advance :)

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:13 pm
by Lowlander
You may want to clean the image cache from the MediaMonkey Temp folder set under Tools > Options > General.

PS. MediaMonkey doesn't re-download artwork for you!

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:50 am
by Raffhell
Lowlander wrote:You may want to clean the image cache from the MediaMonkey Temp folder set under Tools > Options > General.
Ok, thanks, I'll do it now :D
Lowlander wrote:PS. MediaMonkey doesn't re-download artwork for you!
An addon for doing it? :)

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:16 am
by Lowlander

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 am
by Raffhell
I've installed the script just now. In about 5 minutes tagged all covers it found... but... it's very strange, if I open the tags of a file in MM, it shows the correct album art while in the catalog is still shown the wrong one... how to suppress all current arts in MM files? Then I re put them with this wonderful script.

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am
by Lowlander
Raffhell wrote:if I open the tags of a file in MM, it shows the correct album art while in the catalog is still shown the wrong one
Probably
Lowlander wrote:You may want to clean the image cache from the MediaMonkey Temp folder set under Tools > Options > General.

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:45 am
by Raffhell
I've already done it (temp folder), but it seems the misplaced cover are within the mp3s. I've tried to select all the mp3 with wrong cover and trying to remove in a faster mode (one at time would be "a bit" long) but seems to remove the cover only one file at time... And MM seems to recreate the misplaced album arts I've removed in the temp folder at each start... Now I'm trying to remove artworks (all of them) with the script... will see :D

[EDIT]
I've resetted the covers in a strange manner... I denied access to temp folder for my user (security tab), then erased all MM temps, then reapplied my authorization to the folder.. Now I've only to reput the images in some manner... I think i'll download the images (folder.jpg) only for the file I want the cover, I think it's the cleanest mode for the catalog :)

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am
by Lowlander
MediaMonkey will add the Art to the temp folder anytime it is displayed. This is why you'll see it done before removing the Artworks from the files.

Re: album art(s) messed up

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 am
by Raffhell
Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey will add the Art to the temp folder anytime it is displayed. This is why you'll see it done before removing the Artworks from the files.
However I've resolved; I'm putting only the covers I want and now my db is well cleaned :)