Auto DJ

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

LoydDobbler

Auto DJ

Post by LoydDobbler »

I just got a brand new PC. When trying to use Auto DJ, it keeps reverting back to "Entire Collection" immediately after I hit OK. I'm trying to use Auto DJ to play songs from particular genres, for example no rap or hard rock for a family party. Is there a way to lock down the "select from" category?
Lowlander

Re: Auto DJ

Post by Lowlander »

I guess you're using an old version of MediaMonkey (not 4.0.3.1476)?
LoydDobbler

Post by LoydDobbler »

No, that's the version I'm using. It's funny since it only seems to do it on the one collection that I created. It stays locked in on another collection.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you may want to capture a debug log (step 4b) capturing this failure to save the change and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
LoydDobbler

Post by LoydDobbler »

Last time I tried the debug log I never heard back about the problem. I've got a pretty easy work around. I just created a large playlist based on the genres that I wanted to play, and I can load that in and activate shuffle, and have the same result.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you attach your debug logs to a support ticket and if you did make sure you login to eSupport to check the status of your ticket and reply to them, replies by email are not received.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

LoydDobbler wrote:...it only seems to do it on the one collection that I created. It stays locked in on another collection.
I had a similar problem with a collection I created - for me it was the other was round - it would never look at the Entire Collection always reverting back to my own creation. A waste of time and effort. I killed the collection that I created and now have to use Entire.
MediaMonkey user since 2006