mp3 folder empty

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tigrebranco

mp3 folder empty

Post by tigrebranco »

Hello, since I downloaded MM, I cannot access my mp3s directly from the external drive. I know they're in there, because the songs will only play when the drive is turned on. The folder appears empty. Can anyone tell me what happened? Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: mp3 folder empty

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please explain better what you mean?
tigrebranco

Post by tigrebranco »

My mp3 file folder appears empty when I open it. The only way I can access my mp3's is through my mediamonkey playlists.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

If you right-click on a file in the playlist and choose Properties, the first thing on the "Basic" tab is the location of the file - it's possible that you have an auto-organize rule set up that is moving the files?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

tigrebranco wrote:My mp3 file folder appears empty when I open it.
In Windows Explorer or MediaMonkey?
tigrebranco

Post by tigrebranco »

fizzjob wrote:If you right-click on a file in the playlist and choose Properties, the first thing on the "Basic" tab is the location of the file - it's possible that you have an auto-organize rule set up that is moving the files?
No, the file path is correct, on an external drive in folder I labeled "mp3". These were songs I previously burned on lame encoder off of Audacity, before I downloaded MediaMonkey. The songs play, so I know they're in there. I haven't checked yet whether the songs will still play on my WMP and Winamp players.

Does MediaMonkey require exclusive rights to my mp3's? I would be very uncomfortable with that.
tigrebranco

Post by tigrebranco »

OK, I hate to use my least favorite words, but "never mind", for some reason the problem has fixed itself and the file listings have shown up again (1st time in weeks). Thanks for your time, I will search to see if anyone else has had the same problem, or if it's just a hardware or Explorer glitch. :-? Peace
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Read-Only is sufficient for scanning in and playing files.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

If MM doesn't see your music on a particular drive manually rescan the drive.