"comment" tag

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

untel123

"comment" tag

Post by untel123 »

I'm experiencing problems when importing mp3 music in library. The music tags have been completed/corrected with MM4 latest version. Then I copy my music files to another computer where I also use MM4 latest version. So when I import these files, MM4 does not import the "comment" tags I wrote with MM4. All 2 computers are set to use "id3v1 and id3v2".

I generally use only ID3V1 fields but I need the "comment" one. Just to be sure I validated with MP3tag and my new "comment"tags are really there in the second computer. Just to complexify things, I deleted some "comments" in the 1st computer and ... they are still there in the second one ...

So what's wrong with the "comment" tags ? It keeps old text not the new one .... I imagine I'm missing something. I've searched the forum, but could not find anything.

So how can I transfer comment tag from one computer to another one ?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: "comment" tag

Post by Lowlander »

Upload a sample to a file sharing like hotfile, and then open a support ticket with the link to the file: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit
untel123

Post by untel123 »

found the solution ...

After looking around I decided to try deleting the MediaMonkey database. It was successfull ... all my fields are now updated with the correct "comment" fields. I was really thinking that when MM scans files (option is set to have MM scanning files each time it's opened) it was updating files contents accordingly when a file had a newer date which indicates it was updated.

It seems I was wrong. So, should I conclude that MM scans only for newer files only ?

Problem with deleting the database is that we lose everything in database including playlists. I would really like to have a way to update tags from the files.

Thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

In order to import tags from files and replace database values, you need to rescan the files via File > Add/rescan.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
untel123

Post by untel123 »

That's exactly what I was doing ... but it doesn't work. I rescanned my files many times and it doesn't work. It seems that, with rescan, MM looks for additional files not for tags that have changed unless there's an option somewhere ... In fact, I set the option to rescan everytime MM is opened.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Library, you can enable to update tags on rescanning and experiment with the timestamp sub-option.