MM4 sometimes won't "let go" of the Search result

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JoePublic

MM4 sometimes won't "let go" of the Search result

Post by JoePublic » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I've searched the forums and don't see any other report of this.

In MM 4.0.2 on my Win 7 Starter netbook, I use the Search box to search for something & I get my result. Sometimes when I erase the search string, MM does NOT return me to the Node I came from, which is usually the Artist & Album Artist node. Instead, it continues to show the same Search Results and the tree focus remains on the "Contains: whatever" subnode. If I type in something different in the search box, MM ignores it as if I wasn't typing anything at all. The old Search result is still displayed. I have to manually click into my previous node (in this case, Music/Artist & Album Artist) which then displays my entire library of that media type, as it should.

I'm trying to find a set of repeatable conditions when this will occur, but so far, no luck. I never had this problem with MM 3. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lowlander

Re: MM4 sometimes won't "let go" of the Search result

Post by Lowlander » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:55 pm

You should send in a debug log (step 4b) for this to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69

I have seen this in the past, but haven't noticed it on the latest 4.0.3 builds from the Beta forum.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)