error during player initialization

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

john bushey

error during player initialization

Post by john bushey »

software comes up with no player options at bottom of window...received message "Error during player initialization"
Lowlander

Re: error during player initialization

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
john bushey

Post by john bushey »

MM4.0.2
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

john bushey

Post by john bushey »

i tried to download newer version, newer version with 1465 or 1466 was not available on website, i downloaded the version i already have to see it that would help, still with same results.
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

john bushey wrote:i tried to download newer version, newer version with 1465 or 1466 was not available on website
See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 05#p329413
:)
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
john bushey

Post by john bushey »

installed MM4.0.3.1466, issue not resovled, player does not appear at bottom of the page when it MM displays. I can control player functions thru the play tab, and highlighting song with right click and selecting play, etc. Not sure what to do, can i download older version MM3?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please create a debug log (step 4b) with build 1466 as you may have a different issue: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69 This would be really helpful for the developers to figure out what is causing this for you.

Old versions are available here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... id=0&nav=0
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Actually 1466 which is supposed to fix this issue (at least my variant) hasn't been released yet so you're probably still be on 1465.
BucketHead

Post by BucketHead »

I installed 1466 with the hopes that it would cure the "unable to replace image" and "player initialization error" crashes but no joy. Seemed to work at home when laptop wasn't behind firewall, maybe a coincidence. Can't submit error reports due to firewall. Going back to MM3 as MM4 seems to hate my work laptop.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can still create a debug log and send it to support yourself.
Dead

Post by Dead »

It's been awhile since this thread was posted, but hopefully this helps someone. Not a true fix, but it got my player functional.

I've been having the Unable to Replace Image error and the initialization error for a few days now. I can't think of any changes I've made to my system that would have caused this, but it's happening all the same.

Anyways, I was able to start the program with the (non-skinned) .exe in the mediamonkey folder. It still gives the initialization error but then seems to work normally, except without skins of course. Then I went into options and ticked the box for "override skin theme with windows system theme". I can now start mediamonkey with the normal .exe. The skin is still not working, so the backgrounds are all white, but at least I can start the player up now and it seems to have functionality that was broken by this bizarre error.

And before someone suggests it, no, updating does not help. Neither does attempting to change skins (just gives the Unable to Replace Image error).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Zone Alarm installed? It's known to restrict MediaMonkey too much.
tHe-BiNk

Post by tHe-BiNk »

I also have this problem, and error. could not even get in the options menu. Disabling the skin solves the problem (just re-install MM and disable overwrite windows skin option), but it makes MonkeyMedia look like crap.
tHe-BiNk

Post by tHe-BiNk »

Installing 4.0.2 instead of 4.0.3 did allow me to skin MM. It did not give me the error.