Podcast being renamed PODS(xx)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JBDive

Podcast being renamed PODS(xx)

Post by JBDive »

I have started using MM to pull my Podcast and have checked the option to edit tags based feed. I assume this is what is causing the filenames to be changed to PODS(xx) where xx is a number I think is based on the order the pod was downloaded. I like the formatting of the Tags so hate to change the option so is that what I have to do to get the file names to be the name of the show itself?
nohitter151

Re: Podcast being renamed PODS(xx)

Post by nohitter151 »

No, that option doesn't do anything to filenames. The filename structure is handled at tools > options > podcasts, "Download podcasts to"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
JBDive

Post by JBDive »

nohitter151 wrote:No, that option doesn't do anything to filenames. The filename structure is handled at tools > options > podcasts, "Download podcasts to"
I still don't see anything that will change MM from renaming the various Podcast to PODSxx. I get the directory structure of each pod in it's own directory based on where it come from but what's with the renaming?
JBDive

Post by JBDive »

ok so I deleted all the files from my MP# player (Sansa) and just had MM redownload the latest PODS and this time I have file structure and file names as it should be. Great, why I have no clue but if it works who cares.

Still wishing I had a better way to create Playlist. It's this multi stage process now using PLaylist Creator by oddgraviy.