Volume Leveling - Seriously......

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

TrueCHoJiN

Volume Leveling - Seriously......

Post by TrueCHoJiN »

I just downloaded and installed the newest version of MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294 and the Volume Leveling is ridiculous. The songs start out loud, then get quiet, then go up and down randomly sometimes - regardless, it doesn't work... I have gone in to the Tools|Options|Volume Leveling and unchecked everything but it makes no difference. Can I just listen to my mp3s without MediaMoneky screwing with their volume...?????? Any suggestions..?

***Also I figured the newest version of MediaMonkey would have fixed the various button images not showing up in Windows 7 - even in Full Skin Mode.... Auto-Tag from Web dialog box's buttons are still screwed up....

-THANKS....
Lowlander

Re: Volume Leveling - Seriously......

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure the songs themselves aren't the problem with differing volume?

Anyways try switching output plugin under Tools > Options > Output plug-ins.

Normally one would use Tools > Analyze Volume on all tracks and then enable Play > Level Playback Volume. This will get you a fairly leveled playback volume for all your music.
TrueCHoJiN

Post by TrueCHoJiN »

Nope, the songs themselves are not the problem... As I mentioned thei happened only after updating to the new MediaMoney version. Everything worked fine before AND I have 19,423 songs. It happens on ALL of them.

I just want to know how to turn off the volume leveling..... Anyone..?? As I said before: when checked or unchecked or album or song, in the options, it still levels my volume for some god-forsaken reason...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Volume Leveling, disable Automatically analyze volume of unanalyzed Tracks.
TrueCHoJiN

Post by TrueCHoJiN »

Oh, and I not going to permanently modify 20,000 songs by leveling their volumes irreversibly?? Like I said, they worked before, they work fine in EVERY other player I try from WinAmp, to VLC to Media Player... MediaMonkey is doing something with the auto volume and I was going to purchase the gold this week but after the new version flaking out like this...
TrueCHoJiN

Post by TrueCHoJiN »

Lowlander wrote:Tools > Options > Volume Leveling, disable Automatically analyze volume of unanalyzed Tracks.
You read my first post...??? I already did that and it still screws with my song output.....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you disable Play > Level Playback volume, MediaMonkey won't do anything with the volume level information stored in the tracks. If with this disabled you still have poor sound output try switching output plugins under Tools > Options > Output plug-ins and make sure you have the correct audio device enabled in the output plugins options.

Post by Guest »

Lowlander wrote:If you disable Play > Level Playback volume, MediaMonkey won't do anything with the volume level information stored in the tracks. If with this disabled you still have poor sound output try switching output plugins under Tools > Options > Output plug-ins and make sure you have the correct audio device enabled in the output plugins options.
OK, I will explain what it is doing (and mind you - this is the ONLY audio program on my PC that does this, AND it has only done this since the new version). When I start a song it starts out full volume then it slowly lowers to a medium level. THEN if there is a lull or quite part in the song as soon as the music starts up again it plays at full volume, then slowly lowering to medium levels again - VERY annoying for songs that go up and down. These are with unmodified tracks that do not have any leveling information stored in them. ALSO, I have unchecked everything under volume leveling in options. I have also tried MediMonkey DirectSound Output and the waveOut output plug-ins.... Did all of this BEFORE posting....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No need to get angry with me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You might want to submit a support ticket (http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit). Maybe the developers can look at the files themselves.

Post by Guest »

Lowlander wrote:No need to get angry with me.
Not angry at all. I know tone is hard to discern from written word. I'm appreciative you responded, just annoyed with MediaMonkey right now that's all...

I'll try the support ticket, thanks...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Apology accepted, no worries. Caps are a way to be angry in written word and word choice to. Do try the support ticket as I'm not sure what is happening in your system. I haven't seen this before.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

never had this happen, very strange.

I am assuming your not accidently using the mousewheel over the player window, this will control the volume...
OK...

Post by OK... »

Teknojnky wrote:never had this happen, very strange.

I am assuming your not accidently using the mousewheel over the player window, this will control the volume...

I'm thinking it is not MediaMoney... I'm going to unhook all of my decoders, amps, etc. and just go straight to some crappy PC speakers and use the stereo out instead of digital. I'm sure it has to be something else that is leveling my sound. Just can't figure out why it is more pronounced with MediaMonkey than my other mp3 software....oh well ..
phishA10

Post by phishA10 »

I am having the same problem. volume is just all over the place and I can't seem to get a trip on it. tried all of the above with no luck. any advice would be much appreciated. thanks