Problems with MM3.2

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Trev1

Problems with MM3.2

Post by Trev1 »

Should I report this as abug - anyone havingthese problems? :

1. Album Art and Details view is messed up - only shows 1 track pr album?

2. When tagging some new albums (had this prob with 3.1 too) for whatever reason
when I close and open up MM again the album art doesnt show but just a blank music note
picture. I end up having to go into the album art with the track properties and remove the
music note picture and again ok the album art (which is still there but just 'moved down'
under the music note picture)

Please help thanks
Trev1

Re: Problems with MM3.2

Post by Trev1 »

Anyone experience any of the above problems?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you should do a debug report cause it should not show only one song per album unless there is only one song on the album.

and it should not keep replacing the album cover with the no album cover image, unless there are more covers in the folder with the same name which might make it confused on which it is to get.

there are options to link to album cover, save to tag, and save in album folder. check which you want to do
and see if it works proper then.

you can also see those options when you add a cover to the song by the tab for ablum art on the songs properties panel.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Trev1 wrote:Anyone experience any of the above problems?
If there is only one track per album make sure that all of the tracks have the same album and same album artist names for each track.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

nohitter151 wrote:
Trev1 wrote:Anyone experience any of the above problems?
If there is only one track per album make sure that all of the tracks have the same album and same album artist names for each track.
Thanks no hitter - yes they do , my music is very well organised like that.
In the album art view - it shows all the albums for that arist - if they were
not named the same then several of the same album arts would appear
for that one album.
Its the button to the right of this one.... keeps showing 1 track per album in
this view. Cant figure it out cause under properties I have it set to display
'7' songs (think this is the default) ?
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

rovingcowboy wrote:you should do a debug report cause it should not show only one song per album unless there is only one song on the album.

and it should not keep replacing the album cover with the no album cover image, unless there are more covers in the folder with the same name which might make it confused on which it is to get.

there are options to link to album cover, save to tag, and save in album folder. check which you want to do
and see if it works proper then.

you can also see those options when you add a cover to the song by the tab for ablum art on the songs properties panel.

:)
Yes on a lot of albums I have more than one image saved in album art.
The way I do this is usually do a google on the cover , copy it and the
paste it into the album art in properties for the file. I alao always click on
the 'link to file' box.
It seems to put in a 'music note pic' when MM crashes or sometimes when I
simply shutdown . When I add them the 2nd time they seem to stick...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

sounds like you would have better luck changing the rule to save to tag if possible and also save to song folder, then you will get the image on your computer before it links to it.

the way you are doing it now sounds like it is trying to link to the image in the browsers cache or at the online site.. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.