MM and Vista UAC :(

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

fenrir

MM and Vista UAC :(

Post by fenrir »

Everytime I double click on any mp3 file, I get the UAC You do not have permission.

I don't want to disable UAC for all programs, but having this for every single mp3 file I'd double click in explorer is pretty annoying.

I'm using Vista & MM 3.1.0.1256
nohitter151

Re: MM and Vista UAC :(

Post by nohitter151 »

Sounds like a permissions issue to me with Vista, what does this have to do with MM?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

nohitter151 wrote:Sounds like a permissions issue to me with Vista, what does this have to do with MM?
True! :D
But any way, you could just go to the folder that your music is in and enable permissions for your access which may stop the problem.

Oh I so love Win7 which enables UAC to be completely disabled without security warnings as with Vista.
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
fenrir

Post by fenrir »

The permission problem comes up only in MM. The files play without a hitch in VLC, WMP...

I'm sure there is a really simple solution to this problem. I don't want to just give permission to the complete folder. Not that it has anything other than music files in it, but yet
Peke

Post by Peke »

VLC do not read/write folder.jpg and WMP have all needed access levels as owner/creator so you can exclude it too.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts