Ripping Issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mk09

Ripping Issues

Post by mk09 »

Ever since the latest update (3.1.0.1256), I routinely get an error message regarding the inability to read a track while ripping CDs (usually the last, or near to last track). I'm creating VBR 160kbps mp3s. Also, with some of the tracks, the start and end times are not synced with the CD (i.e., they end early and the next track starts in the previous track, includes the end of that track and part of the next one). I get same issue just playing the cd from within MM. I have no issues with any other program (creative or WM Player) which play the CD and create MP3s fine. I'm running XP with all updates and the Gold version of MM.

Any suggestions?
Peke

Re: Ripping Issues

Post by Peke »

I'm guessing that something got wrong with Insert Notifications Download Microsoft TweakUI and reset Cd notification settings.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mk09

Post by mk09 »

Thanks for the suggestion - resetting the cd notification didn't work however. I have autoplay off on all of my drives. MM basically isn't accurately determining when a song ends and the next one begins (i.e., accurately identifying the gap between songs). All other players work fine.
Peke

Post by Peke »

That is really strange, I never had that issue with MM on my 600+ CD Collection.
Best regards,
Peke
mk09

Post by mk09 »

Peke wrote:That is really strange, I never had that issue with MM on my 600+ CD Collection.
I didn't either with the previous version, guess I'll have to reinstall the previous version and then retest to see if it is MM or something else in XP.

Thanks
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

there have been others with cdrom issues in mm 3.1 so maybe your getting the next bit of information to the developers on the same issue the others have.

:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Osiris

Post by Osiris »

I am having the exact same problem. Updated to Gold last night and tried ripping 7 CD's to mp3 and this problem happened on 5 out of 7 CD. As stated early, the problems usually occurs in the last track. The track is ripped but 2 seconds are added to the last rip with a strange hissing sound.

Using MM 3.1.0.1256 on Windows 7 RC.
mk09

Post by mk09 »

Osiris wrote:I am having the exact same problem. Updated to Gold last night and tried ripping 7 CD's to mp3 and this problem happened on 5 out of 7 CD. As stated early, the problems usually occurs in the last track. The track is ripped but 2 seconds are added to the last rip with a strange hissing sound.

Using MM 3.1.0.1256 on Windows 7 RC.
I've verified it is an issue with 3.1.0.1256. Reinstalling the previous version (3.0.7.1191) fixes the problem. If you do this, you will loose any additions you have made since upgrading to 3.1 because the database isn't compatible with the previous version. When 3.0.7 was upgraded to 3.1, the installation program saved the previous version of the database before upgrading it so you can recover the status you were at before the upgrade. The file you need is MM.DB.Pre31 which you rename to MM.DB after downgrading to 3.0.7. Good luck
Peke

Post by Peke »

Ok lets make small test to see if there is something we have changed that made problems.

I'm Attaching HPCDBurn.dll from MM 3.0.7.1191 here is what you will do. install MM 3.1 Debug into separate folder (Backup Library before), replace MM 3.1 DLL with one in this archive and start MM 3.1. let me know if that fixes the issue.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Best regards,
Peke
mk09

Post by mk09 »

OK - will do. It may be a couple of days before I can get to it, not much free time at the moment.
mk09

Post by mk09 »

Peke wrote:Ok lets make small test to see if there is something we have changed that made problems.

I'm Attaching HPCDBurn.dll from MM 3.0.7.1191 here is what you will do. install MM 3.1 Debug into separate folder (Backup Library before), replace MM 3.1 DLL with one in this archive and start MM 3.1. let me know if that fixes the issue.
Pavle,

3.1 Debug appears to work fine with the older dll. I need to test a bit more to be sure and will verify that the newer dll has issues with the same cds to be sure it is a problem with the newer file.

Thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thank, you for patience and testing. We really hate when we notice that users have issues but we can't replicate or catch what exactly is wrong.

Please keep us updated.
Best regards,
Peke

Post by Guest »

Peke wrote:Thank, you for patience and testing. We really hate when we notice that users have issues but we can't replicate or catch what exactly is wrong.

Please keep us updated.
Thanks Pavle,

I was able to reproduce the fault with the newer driver, switch to the older one, and then no issues. It isn't conclusive as the failure is intermittant with the new driver but I never got a fault with the older one so I suspect it is the cause. Will the non-debug version work with the older driver? What is the difference between the debug version and the final 3.1 release?

Thanks again for your help - I do like the program.
Peke

Post by Peke »

If both are the same versions (Help -> About) Debug only Sends additional information to windows Debugging system that could hep us to catch issues. Additionally you should lose +/- 1% of CPU Cycles along with some bigger memory foot print.
Best regards,
Peke
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

I've had the same problem (track name switching to "track 1" etc.). Will that be fixed in the new release together with the "wrong request" from Amazon problem? How about freezing when using "apply to all tracks of the same album" problem? (The last two are obiously related, if not by what's causing the problems, then by using MM features.)
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout