How do I remove multiple 2nd entries of album art?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

steviegt

How do I remove multiple 2nd entries of album art?

Post by steviegt »

It's just not my day. Bad luck with skins and appearence tweaking. Now I've discovered that all of my MP3's have a 2nd album art added to them. (cover front) I did not do this! It's the same 2nd piece of album art for all tracks. The original correct album art is still there. How did this happen and is there a way to remove just the 2nd piece of album art from multiple tracks at one time?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
nohitter151

Re: How do I remove multiple 2nd entries of album art?

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Tools | Options | Library and uncheck "scan track directories for album art". I never had this selected. I just verified and it is indeed "Not" selected. What else could it be?
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

steviegt wrote:Tools | Options | Library and uncheck "scan track directories for album art". I never had this selected. I just verified and it is indeed "Not" selected. What else could it be?
That is the only way MM will ever add art without you doing it directly. If that feature was truly disabled, then you must have added the art manually.

steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I don't mean to be rude, but, give me a break. I went thru all of the options the first time I used MM and "never" selected this option. And do you really think I sat down and added the wrong album art to all my files just so I could post this and look like a fool?
MS Edge

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

steviegt wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but, give me a break. I went thru all of the options the first time I used MM and "never" selected this option. And do you really think I sat down and added the wrong album art to all my files just so I could post this and look like a fool?
That option is selected by default, so you would actually have had to disable it to avoid this problem.

And of course, no, I don't think you would add the wrong art intentionally and make this post - but what I said is true. Perhaps you never disabled the aforementioned option until recently and by then the damage had already been done (and you're just noticing now). In any case the issue has been beaten to death on the forum and answered several times by me already -- the album art tagger script can easily remove the excess art in batch.

steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Thanks
MS Edge

steviegt

Post by steviegt »

The album tagger script did the trick. It would have been better if I didn't get a catistophic error every 400-500 tags. Job done. Thanks. Any clues about the error?
MS Edge

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

steviegt wrote:The album tagger script did the trick. It would have been better if I didn't get a catistophic error every 400-500 tags. Job done. Thanks. Any clues about the error?
I don't use the script too often and I don't know what error you're referring to. Perhaps you can find some relevant information by searching the script topic (i'm sure someone else has seen the same error as there are over 25 pages in the topic): http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... tastrophic