Audio library has stopped working

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

slave1

Re: Audio library has stopped working

Post by slave1 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 pm

removing the i phone dll was the answer

Techtwo

Post by Techtwo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 am

I just installed and ran the app and it gave me the same errror (or reasonably similar) version 3.1.1.1261
I looked on here and deleted the iPod and iPhone.dll files from my plugins dir and the app started up fine.

If I were a apple tard I would probably be upset...

I only post here because these are default plug-in's so there may be some change to the windows interface (update ect) that has caused a malfunction with those particular library files and I thought we should alert the developer and any other user who runs into this issue.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 am

Techtwo wrote:
I only post here because these are default plug-in's so there may be some change to the windows interface (update ect) that has caused a malfunction with those particular library files and I thought we should alert the developer and any other user who runs into this issue.
It's due to upgrading to the latest Quicktime and is already fixed in 3.1.2 beta.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

jwilleke

Post by jwilleke » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:42 am

Renaming the d_iPhone.dll to d_iPhone.xdll worked for me.
-jim

ChinaCat

Post by ChinaCat » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:38 am

I just want to thank all of you.

Deleting d_iphone.dll also solved the problem for me.

OS is Vista 64.

-CC

BigSchteps

Post by BigSchteps » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:14 am

Hey,

Have a similar problem with the same error message every time I go to play something thru MM.
Have had a look for the .dll mentioned in these posts but I dont have it on my machine.

Anyone have any ideas as it is starting to shit me that I cant listen to audio with the exeption of Winamp which I also have on my machine.

BigSchteps

Post by BigSchteps » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:23 am

Cancel my last, downloaded the 1267 Beta and I am up and running.

Cheers to the team.

dreamydayz

Post by dreamydayz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:55 am

i solved it very quickly because my world is not ruled by apple

solution - uninstalled quicktime but i guess the iphone .dll works for apple guys.........you bite the apple and i'll take eve!!

razzell2

Post by razzell2 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:47 am

Hey!
Same issue here. Just downloaded and installed MediaMonkey 3.1.1, (after uninstalling winamp), to see how this player compares against the top 5 media players. (read a comparison topic...MediaMonkey rated #3 in this particular poll)

By the way, I have windows vista home premium.

Anyway, saved application to my desktop and then installed it from there. Opened MediaMonkey, scanned my PnP hard drive, where I store my tunes...all tunes were uploaded to MediaMonkey.

Looks good, I thought. Love the format, easy to use, Im gonna like this, I said to myself.

Clicked on some Zep to play, and immediately got that "MediaMonkey has stopped working, Windows is shutting down...etc".
WTH?

Did a quick search with explorer...something like "mediamonkey has stopped working", and I found the link that brought me here, the very first link on google, and it happened to be these mediamoneky forums.

I Read a couple of entries, and saw that many were having this issue, and some were repairing the problem by removing the ipod.dll driver.
I copied and pasted that driver's name, (from someone's post), and searched for it in my start/search box. Found it, deleted it, and now my MediaMonkey is working just fine.

I am not an iPod user, I dont like having apple software on this windows computer, so I dont have Itunes installed either. My kids can do that stuff on their computers.
So I had no problem deleting the ipod drivers.

My question is, is MediaMonkey an apple/Ipod software application? Or was the iPod driver, and all the other stuff I see here....iPod plug ins and stuff, just the versatility of this player?

I ask this because it took me a couple of minutes running winamp to discover that it is an AOL application, or at least created by and designed for, (I would imagine) for aol users.

Just curious.

Anyway, removing the Ipod.dll driver worked for me, and I am enjoying MM right now. Love the default visualization, by the way.

My first post to MM forums, and my first use of MM, and so far so good. (It's never good when you run an app for the first time and windows shuts it down...It IS a good thing when you do a search, and find the answer to the problem immediately, and fix it).

Thank to all of you who took the time to forum this particular issue, and supply us with the fix.

Razz

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

razzell2 wrote:My question is, is MediaMonkey an apple/Ipod software application? Or was the iPod driver, and all the other stuff I see here....iPod plug ins and stuff, just the versatility of this player?
No, if this was created by Apple you certainly wouldn't have crashes related to upgrading iTunes and Quicktime :wink:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

sumesh

Post by sumesh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks everyone...
Deleting the d_iphone.dll worked for me.....

joejmz

Post by joejmz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 am

I had the same problem. Deleting the iphone.dll worked.

MM user

Post by MM user » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:13 pm

I had the same stinking problem and the problem went away when I deleted the d_iPhone.dll file. Thanks everybody!

vahan

Post by vahan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:49 am

Hi
Just to say, that I now have same problem, after havin installed Windows Vista again. I have uninstalled MM, removed all files that have something with MM to do, and then installed it again. Same message. "Audio Library has stopped working".
Thinks it has something to with a file in the reg. database, but which.
What can be the issue ?

Regards
Vagn Hansen
DK

di7ra

Post by di7ra » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:05 am

Try to run MM As Administrator. In my case it solved the problem.