[MM2] Level volume while synchronizing a device?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Exaxxion

[MM2] Level volume while synchronizing a device?

Post by Exaxxion »

I am curious to know if there is a method to level the volume of a track as you synchronize it to a portable media player in MediaMonkey 2.5 (I am not interested in MM3).

I don't want to change the bit rate or format of the tracks (they are already compatible lossy MP3s) and I don't want to level the volume of the master file on my computer; I found that this leveling technique has negative effects in other applications (for example, the change in dynamics causes Audiosurf to read the track in a manner that lowers the possible max score).

Thanks in advance for your help.
nohitter151

Re: [MM2] Level volume while synchronizing a device?

Post by nohitter151 »

Exaxxion wrote:I am curious to know if there is a method to level the volume of a track as you synchronize it to a portable media player in MediaMonkey 2.5 (I am not interested in MM3).

I don't want to change the bit rate or format of the tracks (they are already compatible lossy MP3s) and I don't want to level the volume of the master file on my computer; I found that this leveling technique has negative effects in other applications (for example, the change in dynamics causes Audiosurf to read the track in a manner that lowers the possible max score).

Thanks in advance for your help.
No, this feature was introduced into MediaMonkey version 3 only.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Exaxxion

Post by Exaxxion »

Oh, that's disappointing; I'll figure some way around it. Thanks for the tip.