Rescan my db?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cadmanmeg

Rescan my db?

Post by cadmanmeg »

So I did some batch renaming of some file names as well as moving some files around and now that I have done that, MM3 shows those old tracks with the old file names, but if you click on the track it (MM3) says something about it (the track) being inaccessible. Am thinking I need to rescan my db. Is this correct? All my edits and stuff I want to keep in the filenames have been saved in the ID3 tags, so am I safe to delete the old db (I know, back it up first)? What procedure exactly should I follow as to not run into any troubles? Thansk much.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You can just add/rescan tracks to library, then go to Files to Edit -> Dead links and remove those entries from your DB.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

That must be a new item in MM3.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Get the latest beta of MM3. There were actually some bugs in earlier versions with moving folders around.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts