Downside To MM3

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

larebz

Downside To MM3

Post by larebz »

Loving mediamonkey 3 but the only downside for me is that the play/pause button should be a play/stop button, for me anyway as i organize my files alot and when i've just played them i pause the file but then it still won't move the file because it thinks it's still playing, it's just a bit annoying.

I know that there's a stop button in the now playing controls but i don't really use the now playing bar.

Anyway what i'd like to know is there something i could change so that when i press the pause button it stops it instead or even just add a stop button, i doubt you can but thought i'd ask anyway.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what skin are you using
there are stop buttons in all my main players and floating players.

on the chance you are using the defalut skin. of mortens. look
for the little tiny red square thats the stop button he don't like them so he put it real small but its there.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Re: Downside To MM3

Post by Dreadlau »

larebz wrote:Loving mediamonkey 3 but the only downside for me is that the play/pause button should be a play/stop button, for me anyway as i organize my files alot and when i've just played them i pause the file but then it still won't move the file because it thinks it's still playing, it's just a bit annoying.
This should be seen by the poeple who question the utility of a stop button.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Theres no way to change the behavior to a play/stop button, but different skins do have stop buttons in them. I'm not sure which you're using at the moment (probably Glided), but there is a stop button in there, its just very subtle.

Glided:

Some other skins
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Is there a stop button on the Blue Glass skin? I can't find it.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I don't see one.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

couldn't you just use a hotkey to stop?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no there is no stop button on the blue glass skin.

yes there are hotkeys. and the button is on the system tray icon.

but it is a lot faster to left click one time on the main player then look for the button by right clicking or pressing the different keys to stop it. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
larebz

Post by larebz »

wow :o yes i'm using the default skin and well i would have never seen the stop button!! how can it be SO small i don't understand :-? oh well thanks for clearing that up guys ;)
Wargazm wrote:couldn't you just use a hotkey to stop?
yer i probably could and should however i've never ever really got into using hotkeys, i dunno why but i just never have done.

Killjoy12 could you tell me where you got that ipod black skin from please, i seen an ipod one in the link you've provided but it hasn't got a stop button on it hasn't got the whole ipod interface (i.e. the stop button) on it...?
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

I'm not sure what you are referring to?? I didn't provide any link.
larebz wrote: Killjoy12 could you tell me where you got that ipod black skin from please, i seen an ipod one in the link you've provided but it hasn't got a stop button on it hasn't got the whole ipod interface (i.e. the stop button) on it...?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
larebz

Post by larebz »

Killjoy12 wrote:I'm not sure what you are referring to?? I didn't provide any link.
larebz wrote: Killjoy12 could you tell me where you got that ipod black skin from please, i seen an ipod one in the link you've provided but it hasn't got a stop button on it hasn't got the whole ipod interface (i.e. the stop button) on it...?
soz i meant nohitter151 :P

and thanks for that spacefish!!!

again thanks for your help then guys :wink:
rbbyrbsn

Post by rbbyrbsn »

to me a pause button is a waste of space since you could use a toggle play button then you can replace pause with a stop
larebz

Post by larebz »

well yer but that's what mm has, a play/pause button, it's just they don't have a stop button, or one that you can see anyway!!! :P
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

rbbyrbsn wrote:to me a pause button is a waste of space since you could use a toggle play button then you can replace pause with a stop
yea, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your preference), the MM play button restarts play.