Problem Saving Cover Art to Album Folder using Auto-Tag

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

srewobwj

Problem Saving Cover Art to Album Folder using Auto-Tag

Post by srewobwj »

Whenever I use "Auto-Tag from Web" to update the Cover (image file) for an existing album (in an existing folder on my hard drive), a dialouge box pops up asking me to confirm that I want to over-write the existing "folder.jpg" file. When I click on "Yes" another dialouge box pops up that says "Cannot create file..." I'm given the option to to "Cancel" or "Retry" but Retry does not work, either.

Why am I getting this error message? Has anyone had a similar experience and/or found a resolution? I can manually copy and overwrite folder.jpg, so this seems to be a "bug" with MM 3.XX? While manual updating Cover art is plausable, it defeats the purpose, especially with larger libraries.

Any insight would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Most likely the folder.jpg files are hidden (something Windows Media Player does). You could unhide these files (search forum if you need help on doing this for all folders) or use a different name to save the image.
srewobwj

Post by srewobwj »

Thanks for the insight. The files are deemed "protected operating system files" and I have "un-hidden" them to no avail. Also, if I were to use a name other than Folder.jpg, then the album art wouldn't show up when viewing the folders in "Thumbnail" view with windows explorer.

Thanks, any way.