First search of files after installation doesn't work

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

webrider

First search of files after installation doesn't work

Post by webrider »

Hi, what I#m doing wrong? I installed mediamoneky today and marked the folder where to search for my musix files (e.g. path G...) and I started as written in help, but nothing happened. What to do?
Webrider
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume you did file > add/rescan?

What OS are you using? What file types are you trying to scan? What version of MM are you using?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hi Lowlander - now it worksl

Post by Guest »

Hi Lowlander, I deinstalled an reinstalled once more all, and now it works. So I first have to learn how it works. Could be I will have some question in the next days. But for the first time thank you for your help.

webrider

PS: Lowlander one question. When I want to psot something and I'm using my "webrider" in the line "username" the system is telling me that this name is already used. If I leave this line free, it works. Why, I'm webrider and the forum should know this, or not?
TheRocket

Post by TheRocket »

Hi,

If you registered in the forums, then you need to log in before posting...
TheRocket
-- MMWBE 0.91 released! Get it here http://rocket.dyndns.info/mp3manager/mmwbe_v091.rar or see topic http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4005#34005 for more details!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You welcome, and come back with any problems or suggestions.
webrider

Lowlander I'm back.

Post by webrider »

Hi Lowlander, now it works very good. I just learned a lot and I like this prog. I just found the most of the functions. But one question. Is there sometime planned to get also a germans version of the help-description? I know english, but some descriptions would be better to read in german.

Annother question I have. I transferred my whole music-archive from one harddisk to annother and then I read in the wohle archive once more. Now I have all music titles twice in my archive, althoug I killed to old folder. I used just the function "delete archive" but it doesn't change anything. Also I did "Archive warten" (I don't know the english expression, but it is the 3rd function in Folder. But it also doesn't work). How to get the double information away?

Thanks for helping.

webrider
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Okay this one is very easy. You have dead links (songs with the wrong filepath). Go to the zu bearbeitende Dateien (files to edit) node and then to the Tote Links (dead links) node. This should be full of songs.
You can savely delete the songs listed here (no songs will be deleted from your PC).

In your case I would advice to do it like that as you rescanned all the files in the new location. Otherwise you can do a verschobene/vermisste songs finden (Locating missing/moved files) which would try to find all the songs that are in the dead links node.

I hope this helped!

PS. Aren't a lot more words supposed te start with a capitalized letter in German?
webrider

Thanks Lowlander - it worked perfect

Post by webrider »

Hi Lowlander, thank you for your tip. It worked perfect.

Saludos

webrider