Virtual CD from digitized LP

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

elmentee

Virtual CD from digitized LP

Post by elmentee »

I've digitized selected tracks from an LP and want to create a virtual CD to include listing of tracks not digitized. Is there a way to manually create a virtual CD using mp3 files converted from an LP together with the listing of unconverted tracks from an LP? I am using this to keep track of songs from an LP that has not been digitized.[/list]
Muad'Dib

Post by Muad'Dib »

If I understand you correctly, you want to list all the songs from an LP, some which you can actually play on your computer (digitized) along with those tracks that are currently just "fillers" (not yet digitized)?

If the above is correct, why not create some 'pseudo-tracks' - MP3 files of a few seconds: either just silence, or (if you want to hear something in case that track accidentally plays) the recording of a phrase like 'not yet digitized', 'filler', or something similar) and tag those tracks with other relevant information (title, artist, etc.), along with the classification "NOT YET DIGITIZED" which will make it easy to search for those tracks later on, when you want to replace them with the real thing. You can create that custom classification in any field - I suggest using the Quality: field under the Classification tab heading.

Would this solve what you're trying to do? If not, please explain things a bit more.
"On the web, no one knows you're using a monkey!"