How Can I REMOVE Freedb Info from Audiobook Tracks?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Muad'Dib

How Can I REMOVE Freedb Info from Audiobook Tracks?

Post by Muad'Dib » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:55 pm

When I inserted an Audiobook CD into a drive prior to ripping, I noticed the track titles had info retrieved directly from the CD. Specifically, each title contained the first few words of text from the section of the book being read. Very nice feature, especially when using the audiobook in combination with a hardcopy version of the same title.

Unfortunately (out of habit), I happened to click on the "Get Album Info from Freedb" and the track title info disappeared (and was replaced with simply an 01, 02, 03 etc. in the Track Title field). I now want the original information back!

I tried several steps to get back to the original display: I ejected the disk, quit MM, restarted MM, reinserted the disk, but the useful track info is still missing, only the less useful Freedb info is showing up.

Subsequent CDs from the same book are ripping fine, with the useful track title info remaining on the ripped version (I just remembered NOT to access Freedb for these remaining discs!).

Is there a way to erase/ignore the Freedb info that is somehow stored for this first disc? Then I could re-rip the CD and keep the more descriptive track info.

------------------------
Using MM v2.5.5.996
------------------------

RELATED QUESTION FOR PROGRAM EXACT AUDIO COPY: Anyone know of a way to configure EAC to store this same track title info described above? I normally use EAC for my ripping, but I can't find any way to get that info to be saved (even without using Freedb at all). This is why I ended up using MM for ripping this book, but I'd prefer to use EAC if possible.
"On the web, no one knows you're using a monkey!"