Auto Tagging Organization

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

clanracer

Auto Tagging Organization

Post by clanracer » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:30 am

I recently downloaded MM and so far I like most of it but i have run into a few problems. When attempting to auto tag multi cd albums such as Various Artists - Vans Warped Tour: 2007 Compilation I am unable to organize any of the files in the autotag page that pops up. When i pull up all 50 songs they organize by "track 1, track 1, track 2, track 2, etc. when i do it separately i can get the first 25 but then the next ones are not on the bottom of the field. I think that you should be able to select from the amazon tracks and maybe drag and drop information via amazon or at least organize the files in the auto tag window.

julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:42 am

I'm not entirely sure at what you mean, but i will have a go

Are you trying to tag multiple albums at the same time? Auto-Tag from Amazon only works with individual albums, you cannot select tracks from more than one album as it only searches one album at a time.
I think that you should be able to select from the amazon tracks and maybe drag and drop information via amazon or at least organize the files in the auto tag window.
This is not the way Auto-Tag from Amazon works, it works per album, not multiples, hence you can't drag or drop information.
When i pull up all 50 songs they organize by "track 1, track 1, track 2, track 2, etc. when i do it separately i can get the first 25 but then the next ones are not on the bottom of the field.
I assume what you are doing there is choosing multiple cds from the same album, obviously the first 25 are in that record, and the next 25 are in a different amazon record, therefore the information is only available for the first CD. You would need to select each CD separately.

I hope this has been of help
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com

clanracer

Post by clanracer » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:40 am

when the album is pulled up on auto tag it shows all 50 songs as one album instead of as a two disc set.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:58 pm

Auto-Tag from Amazon doesn't support multiple discs. It will show them as sequential tracks.

The odd thing is that the Amazon website does show multiple disc information. You could click on the buy link to get to the CD information on the Amazon website and manually modify your tracks.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)