MediaMonkey - Audio Library has stopped working

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MediaMonkey - Audio Library has stopped working

Post by guest »

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Whenever I run Mediamonkey, after the first song in the library plays, or I skip it, I get this error message. I'm running MediaMonkey 2.5.5 on Windows Vista. Anyone know why this happens?
same guy

Post by same guy »

And I have tried reinstalling it. That solved the problem for a short time, but it started happening again.
same guy

Post by same guy »

Anyone know the answer here? I am seriously missing MediaMonkey.
nojac

Post by nojac »

I suggest you install MM3 Alpha instead. Visit the beta forum for more info.

MM2 is not compatible with Vista, and several problems are reported.

Post by Guest »

I use Vista at work and use the Alpha there. It crashes all the time though! Sometimes when I just switch a song I have to shut it down. Hopefully the official release is out soon so Vista users can enjoy MM
Reiah

Same problem

Post by Reiah »

I'm using Vista Business and get the same message (and MM closes) when all of the following:
- Play a song and click Next
- Play a song and click Stop
- Play a song and tries to edit property for this song or any other song

I purchased 2.5.5 Gold - what is going to happen with version 3 is released? will I have to buy again?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As said MediaMonkey 2.x doesn't support Windows Vista (some people have reported that it works, others have problems).

There are 2 licenses for MediaMonkey the Lifetime license covers all new versions of MediaMonkey so you can upgrade to MediaMonkey 3. The 2.x version license doesn't include an upgrade to MediaMonkey 3. There might be a special offer for those users, so keep an eye on the MediaMonkey home page.
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

I'm not sure if will work (I don't have Vista), but one person suggested that you could browse to the MM program file (.exe), right click on it, and select the compatibility so it works in XP mode....

explanation: MS has made a feature in its more recent OS's, XP and Vista (probably others) that you can force programs to run in a special compatibility mode. The idea is that if you have a program that runs fine in XP but not in Vista, you could still run it in XP by changing the compatibility for XP.

One user mentioned he used such a feature (search the forums, it was sometime in August), and his MM was running fine. I'm not sure that would be the case for everyone, but it might be worth trying if you are uncertain about the MM3 alphas and betas.

Erik
PhattyPab

Post by PhattyPab »

hey i had a similar problem with mm3 on vista where i got

"audio libury is not working correctly"

you simply have to run MM as admin (right click and run as admin) this solvs ALOT of problem you should do this people.

dose anyone know who to set it so that if i double clcik the program it always starts with admin rights?

also i cant get micromonkey to work (player shows on the toolbar) i have enabled it in toolbars....:(
AndrewNZachsDad

I hope some of this helps...

Post by AndrewNZachsDad »

I was having this issue. I tried setting the prog to run as administrator, but this didn't help. Then I set the prog to run in XP Compatibility mode while it was still set as administrator. This seemed to help. Just to test, I left the compat mode on and turned off the administrator setting. The program resumed crashing when moving to the next track. I turned both settings back on, and "Voila!"...no more crashing.

For those interested and not sure of how to set these options:
1. Open your "Computer" listing - right-hand side of the start menu, about halfway down.
2. Navigate to the MediaMonkey folder - probably stored in C: -> Program Files -> MediaMonkey.
3. Right-click on "MediaMonkey.exe" and choose "Properties".
4. Click on the tab marked "Compatibility".
5. In the top section - Compatibility Mode - check the box marked "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
6. If the drop down menu doesn't already have it listed, choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".
7. In the last section - Privilege Level - check the box marked "Run this program as an administrator".

One note to make: in case you're not aware, running a program as an administrator will cause the Vista User Account Control to request you confirm that you trust this program each time you run it. It is possible to turn off the UAC, but in my opinion this is one of the best new features in Vista - if you turn it off you may as well go back to running WinXP. That being said, you can find alot of guides online to help you turn it off if you really can't live with that extra click. :)
B-Diddy

vists

Post by B-Diddy »

That worked for me and 2.5.5.996. Set to run as XP w/ Admin privy's.
rebus03

Still not working

Post by rebus03 »

Tried setting MM Gold Version 2.5.5.998 in Windows Vista to run as a Windows XP compatible program and to run as administrator. I am still getting the error "Mediamonkey- Audio Library has stopped working." Please, please help! The bizarre thing it was working perfectly fine on Vista before for weeks. The only things I have done since my last successful use of Mediamonkey is play a track that I recorded in Windows Vista Recorder and install microsoft Office 2007. Help! Please!

Post by 1945 »

Yep...Just loaded Office 2007 on Vista Ultimate..."audio library has stopped working"...Worked flawlessly for the last month...Hmmmm
Janean

Same problem, on Windows XP

Post by Janean »

I'm getting the same error each time I load up. "There was a problem querying the database: HY000:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] No current record."
AAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH. I need my MM Gold back!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not that it helps much right now, but MediaMonkey 3 won't have that issue.