MM stops playin :/

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MM stops playin :/

Post by guest »

hi all

suddenly with no cause MM stops playin all types of music.
everthing was fine and now if i press play the program takes the music file showing his name and then ... nothing.

progress bar no move, no sound ... but also no error message.

tryin setting output from direct 2 wave but nothin change.

any ideas ? i love MM and would be sad if its dead now :(

Post by guest »

mmm no one any idea ?

i tried uninstall / new install but nothin changes ... Files are visible and i can edit them.

winamp plays these file without any problems.

whats happened with my MM :cry:

sad start into weekend

Post by Guest »

/bump

seems its make no difference where the files are located and equal which type they are. all of them same behaviour ... no playback :(
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

When you did the uninstall/reinstall, did you get rid of your database and your configuration file too? they are in the App Data folder I believe

Post by Guest »

yeah i do that (several times) but nothin changes.

BUT

after hours of tryin a lot of things (registry clean, tryin to expore MM process, a lot of re-installs) i found the problem !!

WINDOWS MEDIA FORMAT 9 SERIES RUNTIME

its came beside my new handy software so i didnt realize it during my first problem matter research.

because you cant uninstall this i had to restore XP back to older configuration via XP tool and now MM works fine again.

maybe the developer(s) of MM (if i was wrong and here is someone "official" on forum) should test it out and tryin to give out some error message or fix the incompatiblity.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you were wrong.
they read your post.
they were working on it.
they just need what my sign... says.

because there are hundreds of system configs out there each one does not work the same and sometimes even the same config on two different systems won't work the same.

but they are busy also doing mm 3 and no place do i remember seeing what mm version you have?
and like me most the others are getting tired of trying to guess
what is wrong why systems when there are 2 versions of media monkey out there in public use. the standerd version of mm 2 and the alpha test version of mm 3.

both are widely different in coding structer so guessing what is wrong with out knowing what version is getting hard even for the developers because they are in to the 6th alpha of mm 3.
and they recoded parts of that 6 times already. some have been done less like 3 or 4 times.

so error guessing is depending on how much INFORMATION we get. 8) no i am not a developer but you see i am one that will help if at all possible.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

if someone had step into and give a hint what kind of information could be useful, i had delivered it.

also the error was total specificaly - only one function in the whole programm - so dont know without knowledge of the system behind where to start.

then i tryin research by myself and finally get the answer. a lot of time but i dont think also with more details that anyone had found the solution in same period. like you said many systems(+configurations) out there and maybe a lot of different others codecs or software that could interupt MM ... developers can react on therse types of errors but dont prevent such ... :wink:
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

yep but two heads looking is always better then one.
because that one is yours and you have the messed up system
which makes you half way to crazy from the start of looking.:D

just look at the helpful messages page in the link of my sig.

it has all the information that should be given in any error sitution you might have. any of that might be useful for any error.

and any of it might not be useful for some errors. but its all
there to give you what might be needed. :)

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi.

sometimes i just like to click on them monkeys to post :roll:
8)