Not all enabled nodes showing in media tree

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

havarthe

Not all enabled nodes showing in media tree

Post by havarthe »

Is there a limit to the number of nodes that display in the media tree?

I have about 75 nodes, with about 50 of them enabled.

However, less than 50 are actually visible in the media tree. (From the list in the Edit Media Tree, it is always the last few that are not shown on the Media Tree, despite being enable (i.e., checked)).

Lowlander

Re: Not all enabled nodes showing in media tree

Post by Lowlander »

Could the problem be that you can't scroll down (test this by collapsing all nodes)? MediaMonkey 4 had issues with sometimes not being able to show the full Media Tree.

Can you select Ethiopian and use the down arrow to access the missing Collections?
havarthe

Post by havarthe »

Lowlander wrote: ↑Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:04 am Could the problem be that you can't scroll down (test this by collapsing all nodes)? MediaMonkey 4 had issues with sometimes not being able to show the full Media Tree.

Can you select Ethiopian and use the down arrow to access the missing Collections?
Thank you for your reply! Yes, it is as you are describing. I can scroll down but not all the way. If I select Ethiopian, I can hit the down arrow and access the files of the missing collections (they appear on the file window to the right of the media tree) but the collection titles are still not shown in the media tree. Is there a way I can fix this to scroll down to the missing collections?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Probably not in MediaMonkey 4, it shouldn't be a problem anymore in MediaMonkey 5.
havarthe

Post by havarthe »

Lowlander wrote: ↑Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:26 pm Probably not in MediaMonkey 4, it shouldn't be a problem anymore in MediaMonkey 5.
Ah, okay, thanks. :)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

When you open MM, does it open to max size (snug fit to borders of monitor) or does it open resized but so slight it just looks like it's maxed out?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
havarthe

Post by havarthe »

MMFrLife wrote: ↑Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:58 am When you open MM, does it open to max size (snug fit to borders of monitor) or does it open resized but so slight it just looks like it's maxed out?
Thank you for checking in on this!

It opens to a window on the monitor and smaller than the full size of the monitor. Are you suggesting 1. that if I max out the MM window then the scrolling issue might be resolved, or 2. that it would simply be moot because a maximized window would be large enough to display the whole collection?

I will check that when I have the chance and let you know!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

havarthe wrote: ↑Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:48 pm Are you suggesting 1. that if I max out the MM window then the scrolling issue might be resolved, or 2. that it would simply be moot because a maximized window would be large enough to display the whole collection?
1. Possibly. Sometimes when windows are sized smaller it smushes some components to where they don't work properly.
It's a thought.

2. That is contingent on how large of a tree list or if the program always scales everything to size.
On scaling the tree, I would think no, as my library is large enough to show otherwise. Unless there could be an options toggle for scaling the tree, it wouldn't seem to make sense for font sizing.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜