File conversion not copying filename 100%

Post a reply


In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you complete the following challenge.
Smilies
:D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: File conversion not copying filename 100%

Re: File conversion not copying filename 100%

by TLD » Tue May 30, 2017 6:59 am

Thank you for the reply, Peke. I was being thrown off by the fact that it wasn't using the same exact filename.

Is there a reason this isn't the same for the other fields when being used, such as the <Artist>? I'm using this for the final filename when organizing...
<Disc#:2>-<Track#:3>) <Track> - <Artist>
When it builds this, it creates files with "..mp3" at the end, with the double-period. Thus the "safety" isn't the same across the board. Still something worth looking at?

TLD

Re: File conversion not copying filename 100%

by Peke » Sun May 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi,
It is added as safety due the fact that some apps translate double .. wrongly You can use different destination like "$if($Right(<Filename>,1)=.,D:\Converted to 192\<Folder>\<Filename>.,D:\Converted to 192\<Folder>\<Filename>)" but for me using "D:\Converted to 192\<Folder>\<Filename>" in Auto-Organize it correctly have ..

File conversion not copying filename 100%

by TLD » Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 pm

I found an odd "bug" in the way that the file conversion is working with the filenames. (Not sure you'd consider it a bug, per se, but as it's resulting in me constantly getting these files removed as extras, then rewritten again...)

1) Create a file such that the filename ends with two periods before the extension
Example: S:\McCall, C.W\C.W. McCall - Greatest Hits\01-009) 'Round The World With The Rubber Duck - McCall, C.W..mp3

2) Convert the file
(I tried using both
D:\Converted to 192\<Folder>\<Filename>
and
D:\Converted to 192\<Path>
with the same results)

3) The file SHOULD be
D:\McCall, C.W\C.W. McCall - Greatest Hits\01-009) 'Round The World With The Rubber Duck - McCall, C.W..mp3

But instead, becomes

D:\McCall, C.W\C.W. McCall - Greatest Hits\01-009) 'Round The World With The Rubber Duck - McCall, C.W.mp3

The second period is being "eaten" when it creates the file.

Maybe it should be doing the same thing when it first creates the file, but either way, the fact that the filename isn't being copied exactly has caused me some exasperation, and I thought I'd report it.

(S and D are arbitrary - the original location and destination don't matter, nor does the original file type.)
I know the operating system is "eating" the period in the folder name, as it won't create a folder with a period at the end - but the filename is ending with the artist's name, which works when using the auto organize, but not when performing the conversion.

Thought I'd let you know of this oddity with filename creation.

Thank you,

TLD

Top