Played # field updates sometimes, and sometimes not.

Post a reply


In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you complete the following challenge.
Smilies
:D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Played # field updates sometimes, and sometimes not.

Re-added to database after move in Windows Explorer

by A.Collector » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:50 pm

This is probably the case. I was organizing my music, and moved a few folders using Windows Explorer. I believe I removed dead links, and then re-added to the database. This would cause the Played # column to reset, I believe. Because I had only listened to the songs once or twice before I moved them, it makes sense that I would think their play count simply didn't increment.

Thank you for your help, and I am now moving all files from within MM's much superior interface, so this doesn't happen again :)

- Chris

by Peke » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:12 pm

1. MM updates Played # if 1/3 of song is played continuosly.

The update fail on some ocasions when song is played from My Computer node as the song doesn't have SONG-ID in Library eg. MM see it as not added.

This is what I think the case is with you as WinAmp is player.

All this is tested with MMs internal player, do not know what is happening when WinAmp is player. I hope I've helpped a little.

Played # field updates sometimes, and sometimes not.

by A.Collector » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:38 pm

When viewing a list of music, I like to be able to see what I play the most often in an artist, etc.

The "Played #" column is very nice for this, when it works.

How I understand it to work:
1. updated when a fair amount of the file is played back, and the track changes
OR
2. updated when the file has finished playing if a fair amount has been played already

The problem is, occasionally the field is not updated when a song has been played all of the way through, yet it generally is updated if I play it a second time. MediaMonkey is always running, so it is not the case that I wasn't using it at the time.

I cannot reproduce the error exactly :-/ It seems to be somewhat random at the moment.

Environment:
WinXP Home, Athlon 1900+, 512mb, several GB of free HD space

Playback:
Currently, I am using MediaMonkey 2.1 build 1.596 with WinAmp 2.91 to play my music.

Good luck,
Chris

Top