MM5 Appears To Be Still Playing

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dypsis

MM5 Appears To Be Still Playing

Post by dypsis »

I have noticed that when I right click on the "Play" button and press "Stop", the main screen still displays as if the track is still playing.
The screenshot should show you what I mean.

And by the way, can we have some skins with a "Stop" button? I am sure it won't take up much space. 🙄
drakinite

Re: MM5 Appears To Be Still Playing

Post by drakinite »

I can't replicate on the most recent build. Can you send a debug log? (item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643)

You can add a stop button in Tools > Options > Layout > Player.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm pretty sure that's by design. The Play button should change state and playback position should be at start, but otherwise Stop doesn't remove the file from the Player/Preview. It didn't do this in MM4 either. It also shows this on MM start.

It indicates which file will play when hitting start.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

drakinite wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:51 pm I can't replicate on the most recent build. Can you send a debug log? (item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643)

You can add a stop button in Tools > Options > Layout > Player.
Thanks drakinite. I didn't know about that option.
I also changed it from Waveform Bar to Seek Bar.
The problem is not so obvious now, although everything else is the same.
Last edited by dypsis on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:53 pm I'm pretty sure that's by design. The Play button should change state and playback position should be at start, but otherwise Stop doesn't remove the file from the Player/Preview. It didn't do this in MM4 either. It also shows this on MM start.

It indicates which file will play when hitting start.
Hi Lowlander.
See my response to drakinite.
Does that seem right like that?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, with the Waveform the playback position also resets to zero when playback is stopped. Everything looks like it should.