Volume Boost? [#11957]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Boy_Narf

Volume Boost? [#11957]

Post by Boy_Narf »

Hello Everyone!

I analyze volume for all of my tracks and have the "level track volume" enabled in settings. I find the MMA is quite a bit quieter than other media sources (YouTube Music, YouTube, etc). Half volume on YTM is more than enough for me, but with MMA to match the same level I need to have it near full causing other media/sounds to blast my ears due to the volume discrepancy.

Is there a gain/volume boost somewhere in MMA that I can apply? I poked around the EQ, but don't see any settings for level. Is it possible to set the "level track volume" to something a bit higher?

Thanks,
Peke

Re: Volume Boost?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not ATM. it is planned that like in MMW/MM5 you have an option to set Leveling target.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Boy_Narf

Post by Boy_Narf »

Super bump. Wondering if this has been added to MMA yet?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, but as mentioned you can Volume Level on Sync to increase the volume of files, and thus how loud MMA is.
Boy_Narf

Post by Boy_Narf »

Hey thanks for that but not really what I'm looking for. I usually turn off level track volume when I'm listening to a full album, then back on when I shuffle. I wouldn't want them "leveled on sync" otherwise it would mess up the full album playthrough volume. Would be awesome to have a volume/gain adjustment under the "level track volume" option. That way it won't be applied should you turn off track leveling.

I was hoping to hack this and add volume with the EQ, but no gain/level adjustment in there just bands. My "leveled" tracks are almost 50% quieter than the unleveled ones. This means system sounds on the phone blast my ears as they come in VERY LOUD vs the music.
rusty

Post by rusty »

It's still on our to do list at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11957

-Rusty
Zonky

Re: Volume Boost? [#11957]

Post by Zonky »

^ THIS ^ would come in handy as I'm experiencing this "issue" for a long time now: viewtopic.php?t=100097
Boy_Narf

Re: Volume Boost? [#11957]

Post by Boy_Narf »

Awesome! Glad to hear it's still being worked on.