Library is mapped drive. Rescan add duplicates with network path

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Vladimir

Library is mapped drive. Rescan add duplicates with network path

Post by Vladimir »

I am having an unusual problem where a rescan adds a bunch of duplicates.
My library is scanned on the mapped drive. If I do a rescan it imports 500 odd "new" songs which are actually duplicates (same song is listed in database as M:\Music\... and \\Shared Drive\Music\.. (and they both play).

I can't see any pattern with the 500 (out of 50k) songs that it is choosing to rediscover as a duplicate.

I made sure everything was unticked in the scan folders windows, except for M:\Music\
I deleted all 20 old entries which I discovered in the "Autoscan" section of medamonkey.ini file.

I am aware of issues with mapped drives, but have been running like this for the last 5 years with no problems (including moving computers/drives). I actually attempted to convert to UNC network paths but ran into issues with a lot of tracks exceeding 256 character path length.
Lowlander

Re: Library is mapped drive. Rescan add duplicates with network path

Post by Lowlander »

Removing locations from scanning doesn't remove them from the Library. Instead you'll need to remove them from the Music > Locations node.

Make sure you don't scan the UNC Path (which is preferred), neither in manual nor in Folder Monitoring scanning and that you don't scan Playlists pointing to the UNC Path. If you follow this then the files should not return once remove from the Library.
Vladimir

Re: Library is mapped drive. Rescan add duplicates with network path

Post by Vladimir »

Thanks for quick reply Lowlander :D

The library didn't contain any locations except for mapped M:\Music\ prior to scan.

After looking closer at the list it is importing, the only possible pattern I am seeing is they may be all songs that have been played in recent months. Most if not all are on Auto-playlists.

After they are scanned I can search for "SYNOLOGY" (part of network path), and search brings up all of these newly imported files. I also tried doing same search before scanning and that bought up nothing.