Import/Create Playlist From Spotify

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

fisklingur

Import/Create Playlist From Spotify

Post by fisklingur »

Hello, I'm a MediaMonkey newbie so please bear with me.

I was wondering if there's a way to import playlist data from Spotify (or from a CSV/text file) and create a playlist in MM from that, using audio files I already have in my library.

My friends and I like to share playlists but they use Spotify and I use MM, so though we have the same CDs/music files, it's still very tedious as I need to create the playlists manually. I feel like the importing/creation of playlists should be possible automatically, it's 2020 already!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Peke

Re: Import/Create Playlist From Spotify

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately, Spotify is a bit closed app and we have not familiar with their Playlist format.

MediaMonkey on other hand uses standard M3U (or UTF-8 M3U8) playlist format that if you all have same files and on same location it is easy to share and add to MediaMonkey. eg.:
1. Export M3U playlist by selectiong Tracks -> Right click -> Send To -> M3U playlist
2. Drag and Drop Save playlist to a preferred Chat application (It should send/share the file, I tested on Skype, Viber and Messenger and it works)
3. Friend opens file in MMW or Drag saved it to Player on Open MMW window and it should play the tracks.

Only downside is that paths to files should be same eg. "c:\Shared Music\Now That's What I Call Music 67\20. Akon; Snoop Dogg - I Wanna Love You.flac" and you are ready to go.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
fisklingur

Post by fisklingur »

Hi, Thank you so much for your reply.

Is there any way to create a playlist in MediaMonkey from CSV/XML file with a list of songs? So if my friend sent me a list of the songs on their playlist then I could just feed it to MM and it would create the playlist from songs in my library?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No unfortunately. I think it could be possible to make it as a specific feature eg. targeted for importing shared playlists from Spotify, but it would be lower priority as making pairing search list (initially all track in Spotify Playlist are Unknown tracks in MM library) to a tracks in library is bit dev time consuming to make especially if user have multiple versions of same track. Especially as all that time would go to waste if Spotify decide to change format, ...
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ninerays

Post by ninerays »

Playlist converter app on Windows works for me for one playlist at a time once you export from MediaMonkey as M3U - https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/playl ... verviewtab.
fisklingur

Post by fisklingur »

oh dude!! that's exactly what I wanted, thank you!!!
ninerays

Post by ninerays »

fisklingur wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 am oh dude!! that's exactly what I wanted, thank you!!!
Glad it was useful to you also. It's the only way I have found you can export a playlist from MediaMonkey to Spotify.
Laurieross

Post by Laurieross »

I tried but could not export the playlist from MediaMonkey to Spotify. I had a problem here
loubat

Post by loubat »

Try the website www.tunemymusic.com. It seems to work pretty well for importing an .m3u (created in MM) to Spotify, so I would expect similar results the other way around as well.

Another site I use (though it's most useful functions are locked behind a paywall) is www.soundiiz.com
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »