Back Button 1.0 [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I cannot see any reason for this behaviour looking at the code. But I will test this with the new version of Batch Art Finder to ensure this behaviour does not continue.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nyfan01

error messages

Post by nyfan01 »

I tried installing the script and i keep getting this error message on my screen

I'm not really too great with this stuff so I know I probably did something stupid. I copy and pasted the first part into scripts.ini (from {BackButton} to ScriptType=2) and then I copied the rest of it into a vbscript file called BackButton.vbs which is saved in the mediamonkey\scripts folder.

At one point i wasn't getting the error but the script wasn't working. it seemed when i pressed the back button it went to the previous song as it is listed alphabetically on my list instead of the song i last played.

i apologize in advance for asking stupid questions, I'm new to this stuff :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I would suggest removing the changes you have made to install the script and downloading the installer from my website. This is the easiest way to ensure that the script is correctly installed.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nyfan01

Post by nyfan01 »

I erased everything I did and downloaded the installer, and I got no error message but it still didn't work, so I uninstalled media monkey totally and erased everything and then reinstalled mediamonkey and the script installer, and still had the same result. Is there anything else i can try?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Could you please open your MediaMonkey.ini file in a text editor, find the section [Scripts] and tell me the value of the key "BackButtonMemory".
nyfan01

Post by nyfan01 »

BackButtonMemory=|1724|1725|1976|274|1393|1658|1242|1326|1310|1392|
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry but I don't understand what is wrong. Are you still getting the same error message? This message doesn't make any sense to me at all - I've never seen it and there are no "<br>" tags in my script, and line 3 is a comment. Have you got the latest version (5.6 I think) of Windows Script Host?
ydgmms

Post by ydgmms »

Can someone give me a walkthru on how to install this? Where do I get the backbutton.vbs file? etc.

I would *REALLY* love this script.

thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

Just DL the installer from Trixi's website (click his signature), close MM, install and restart MM.

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ydgmms

Post by ydgmms »

Duh. I'm a doof. Thanks!

Does each song have to play fully inorder to be able to go back?

I installed it, went to Tools>Scripts->backbutton, it scanned some stuff on my playlist. But then I tried it, hit Next a few times, then Back and it was still doing random songs.

I tend to hit Next a lot, missing a song I'd like hear, then wanting to go back to it, and not being able to. I'm hoping that each song doesn't have to play...

thanks

:edit: nevermind, i read the posts more clearly.
Oh well.. I hope the devs fix it in the next release.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script doesn't fix the player's back button, it remembers every track you play (as soon as you play it) and running the script will move back through the list. You can easily set the script up with a shortcut to make going backwards properly a couple of keypresses away! :)

help please

Post by Guest »

I've installed this script, I then realized I didn't need it. After uninstalling (Even used total uninstall to monitor installation and uninstall). Now, every time a song is done playing I get:
"ProgramFiles\media monkey\scripts\backbutton.vbs cannot be opened:
The file is unavailable or you don't have permission to access it"

This script is no longer in my scripts/or autoscripts under program files but when clicking the GUI I can go to tools - scripts "Backbutton" is listed. When I click on that I get same message as before AND "Error happened during script installation: Could not load file ProgramFiles\media monkey\scripts\backbutton.vbs"

It's not in the .ini file either, how do I completely get rid of this?? thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There must still be reference to it in "Scripts.ini" - once you've removed these references you shouldn't get these messages anymore.
terrypin

BackButton script?

Post by terrypin »

The last post about this script (which I had in MM v3) is more than seven years old:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 3&start=30

And the script is not included in trixmoto's script download page.

Is it now extinct or replaced by a newer script with a different name?
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)