Syncing to devices with dual memory cards?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

kevin1911

Syncing to devices with dual memory cards?

Post by kevin1911 »

Evening! I've been an iPod Classic user for years, but recently decided to go for something different with more space, so bought an iBasso DX80. My library is ~22000 songs, and it's getting a bit cumbersome/sonfusing doing drag-and-drop every time I rip a new CD.

I've installed MediaMonkey and it looks great, but is there an easy way to sync my library to the device as it has 2 SDXC cards (200GB and 128GB), which show up as separate drives in Windows. Ideally, I'd like MediaMonkey to combine the two cards and put stuff where it wants, but suspect this might not be possible. Is there an alternative way of doing it?

Thanks!

Kevin
rovingcowboy

Re: Syncing to devices with dual memory cards?

Post by rovingcowboy »

mediamonkey has options in for setting up the device when you plug in the device and select it in the tree the options show up in the center of the screen where the playlists show up just go through there and pick the options you want and locations to place it how to tag them and all that stuff, then click apply it should keep them for the next time you sync.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can't, each memory will be treated as separate device. If you use AutoPlaylists for syncing you can use the criteria Synchronization Status and set it not synced to. That would allow preventing duplicates.
kevin1911

Post by kevin1911 »

Thanks guys. There must be a better way to ensure my DX80 stays in sync with the library. Can't help thinking I'm missing something obvious. Maybe time to learn some Perl ;-)