remotely controlling MMW using android phone

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

irousso

remotely controlling MMW using android phone

Post by irousso »

Hi,
I have a very large library of disks stored as flac on my computer. Recently I've upgraded my streamer to NAD DAC2 which basically transmit whatever is being played on my PC to my Hi-Fi system. Since my music containing PC is not located in my living room, I need somehow to remotely control the library. I saw that MediaMonkey has the option to be linked to an android phone using an application but so far what I was able to do is listen to my music library on my phone. What I actually need is to control the MM software that runs on my PC using the phone. Is that possible? if so I would appreciate if someone could assist me.
Thanks!!
Itay
irousso

Re: remotely controlling MMW using android phone

Post by irousso »

Thanks!!
Looks like exactly what I need!
Itay
irousso

Post by irousso »

A quick question - is it possible to shuffle playlists?
was not able to find this option...
Itay
Red Maw

[Request] Control MMW (server) from MMA

Post by Red Maw »

Hi,

Maybe this belongs as a completely separate application, but I would like to have basic control over my MMW (or MM linux if it ever happens) from my Android device. It would be quite nice to not have to go to the computer to stop, resume, skip tracks, check what is playing &c.

-redmaw
Red Maw

Post by Red Maw »

While this mmremote does say it does what I was asking, I would still like to see this capability integrated into MM so it doesn't require third party server component. Thanks for pointing me to mmremote though, I will probably be using it in meantime.