potential mediamonkey gold buyer with question

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

newgold?

potential mediamonkey gold buyer with question

Post by newgold? »

I have used and like Mediamonkey very much, and I am thinking of buying media monkey gold, BUT... the free download version has a lot of "spyware" and frankly I don't want it especially if I am going to pay for the software. Are the spyware functions not present in the pro version, or can the spyware functions be disabled with Gold?
Lowlander

Re: potential mediamonkey gold buyer with question

Post by Lowlander »

There is no spyware in either the free or Gold version.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

If you love the program itself, then say goodbye to whatever it is your experiencing in the free version....put your seat belt on and get ready to take it to the next level ! The Gold is the sweet stuff!!!

I am also not aware of any spyware in either.....but have not used the free since the days of an early 3x version.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

newgold? wrote:I have used and like Mediamonkey very much, and I am thinking of buying media monkey gold, BUT... the free download version has a lot of "spyware" and frankly I don't want it especially if I am going to pay for the software. Are the spyware functions not present in the pro version, or can the spyware functions be disabled with Gold?
Have you actually downloaded the version from this site? And you are saying IT has spyware added? I have never encountered that from any version I have downloaded from here
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

spyware is only something that is added by venders of the program when you get a trail version from some third party offering site.
downloading the free version from here has no spyware.
i suggest you send the site information you got the free version from with the spyware to rusty and the other developers they will take care of the bad distro... site. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.