UPnP add on?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

mant101

UPnP add on?

Post by mant101 »

I have been using UPnP with media monkey gold as a server with no problems for ages now however it tells me I can only use it for 30 minutes without purchasing an add on and when I try to purchase the add on all I get is not found error messages.

Since there are free UPnP clients out there including ones that show the album art when browsing albums, I have had to switch to other software to carry on listening to my large collection of music and audio books. As someone who use mediamonkey for years this is rather disappointing.
RobHayes

Re: UPnP add on?

Post by RobHayes »

Glad I already have MediaHouse (Pro) with working UPnP.

I was expecting MediaMonkey Beta to have a more integrated UPnP experience. Apparently the technology of UPnP at its roots does not allow for tagging/rating of tracks, so any other UPnP apps are just as suitable.

Lame they nerfed it before even releasing a working premium version (with actual premium features). Now it feels like UPnP will be the only unique perk of a Pro app purchase. I won't be buying if that's the case.
neca

Post by neca »

I'm also having this issue. It's the most important part of the app to me so it's a real pain.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

This is a bug that was introduced in recent builds--UPnP shouldn't be limited in the beta--it'll be fixed in the next build.

For more information on this, see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=75008

-Rusty