Accessing Music on SkyDrive

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mmuser2042z

Accessing Music on SkyDrive

Post by mmuser2042z »

I have a fresh install of 4.1.0.1644 that I'm trying to get to access music on my SkyDrive. I've never had MM set up with SkyDrive before and got this same error in version 4.07. Here are steps to reproduce the error:

1) In Explorer, open the path of a SkyDrive folder that has music in it. Per all the forum entries on not using mapped drives, mine is below. This path can be adjusted for any SkyDrive user.
\\d.docs.live.net@SSL\DavWWWRoot\f8f023ce06bae1e9\Music2\

2) Right click one of the songs in the folder and play in MM

MM adds the song to the playlist and then takes some time to think. Eventually a window appears asking for my SkyDrive user name and password. After entering those, I immediately get an error message in a window whose title is "Error" and body is "The operation completed successfully". I get this message regardless of whether I entered the correct or incorrect password.

I tried disabling Windows firewall and turning off Avast anti virus but still got the same message.

In DebugView:
[5408] TStreamAccess.OpenRead() failed on \\d.docs.live.net@SSL\DavWWWRoot\f8f023ce06bae1e9\Music2\La Oreja De Van Gogh\La Oreja De Van Gogh - Cuidate.m4a error: Cannot open file "\\d.docs.live.net@SSL\DavWWWRoot\f8f023ce06bae1e9\Music2\La Oreja De Van Gogh\La Oreja De Van Gogh - Cuidate.m4a". Access is denied
[5408] f_MP4: Cannot open StreamAccess for reading
[5408] f_MP4: The file is not probably in MP4 format

I figured this is something related to network permissions and security but can't seem to figure it out. I read somewhere that it might have something to do with internet options, so I set the security level for local intranet to low and manually added the site file:\\d.docs.live.net@SSL.

Thanks in advance for any help!
RandomEngy

Re: Accessing Music on SkyDrive

Post by RandomEngy »

I'm having this issue too, though I'm pointing to C:\Users\name\SkyDrive\Music . It apparently doesn't like the stubs that Windows leaves there. This is kind of annoying because the Skydrive app that actually syncs up files (the way I want it to) is getting discontinued in Windows 8.1. They're providing some sort of virtualization for the files, but it's in a way that MediaMonkey doesn't understand.