storageinfo.xml.mmw? [#10468]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Demonfang Arun

storageinfo.xml.mmw? [#10468]

Post by Demonfang Arun »

i think it's part of the new sync functions, but every usb device i have,mediamonkey makes a folder on it with that file in it. needless to say, this is unwanted. hoping there is a way to disable it.

example: H:\MediaMonkey\files\StorageInfo.xml.MMW

currently on mediamonkey 4.1.0.1617
Last edited by Peke on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Mizery_Made

Re: storageinfo.xml.mmw?

Post by Mizery_Made »

I agree. Annoyed when I found this had been placed on my external hard drives.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

+1
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Demonfang Arun

Post by Demonfang Arun »

Peke

Re: storageinfo.xml.mmw? [#10468]

Post by Peke »

Should be OK in 1624, if repeats please let us know the details.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
schmiedl

Post by schmiedl »

Still happens to me although i downloaded the newest version yesterday and this is a year old thread?!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

schmiedl wrote:Still happens to me although i downloaded the newest version yesterday and this is a year old thread?!
It is written just on Android devices / cards, so you most probably have 'Android' folder presented on the device, right?
DaKo

Post by DaKo »

I have the same problem. I only noticed it recently and I'm pretty sure I wasn't affected by this 2 years ago when it was reported here. MediaMonkey creates this file on all USB devices I connect to my PC (USB flash drives, camera with SD card etc.). There is no folder called "Android" on any of these. What can I do?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Noticing this folder on my usb device for the first time since upgrading to 1736. Slightly irritating; is there a work-around for this until it's fixed?
kopo

Post by kopo »

It's not generated for me if the device is set not to show (in the tree) in Options>Portable Device Sync, and auto scan disabled for good measure. The previously created MediaMonkey folder on the device can be deleted. The folder will be re-created when the device is set to show again (when plugged in).
jar5

MediaMonkey infecting Camera data card

Post by jar5 »

While MM was playing a tune, I took the memory card out of my Sony camera and put it into my card reader.

The normal DCIM and MISC file folders come up. Inside DCIM should be all the photos I took today.

Guess what's different! There are some new and uninvited files:
- A MediaMonkey file folder containing a folder called files, containing the file StorageInfo.xml (1Kb)
- Two IND files: memstick.ind and MSTK_PRO.IND (both 0 bytes)

Clicking on the DCIM folder to get my pics, the computer brings up a folder 101MSDCRF, and inside that folder are the pictures. Initially it would not allow me access to the pictures, but a restart AND NOT STARTING UP MEDIAMONKEY allowed me to get to the picture I needed.

What is going on? Why is MediaMonkey accessing my Camera data card and putting files on it? What is MediaMonkey trying to do?

Finally, what should I do to restore the card and keep MM's paws off the card (and other locations it may have invaded) in the future? ..
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
nohitter151

Re: MediaMonkey infecting Camera data card

Post by nohitter151 »

Storageinfo.xml is generated on any portable device that MM can interact with that also has an "Android" folder somewhere on the device. This file is required for communication between MediaMonkey and MediaMonkey for Android.

"MEMSTICK.IND" is a file placed on a Memory Stick or media card when formatted with a Sony device such as Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP), Sony digital cameras, and other Sony devices. This file was not generated by MediaMonkey. Some Sony devices, such as digital camcorders, may create an additional file named "MSTK_PRO.IND" for Memory Stick Pro media cards. In other words, MM did not create these .IND files.

You can keep MM from interacting with your card by unchecking it in the portable device options (see Options > Portable device sync)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

The USB in my case is empty and has not been anywhere near any android stuff. But it still had that XML file written to it.
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)