Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

I prefer the Auto-Organize as

You may select 1 option

View results

Teknojnky

4.1.0.1609 -- auto-organize dialog/tab

Post by Teknojnky »

auto-organize dialog is now a tab within the main window, pretty please include an option to use the standard dialog.

My main track window is smaller sized than what I used for the normal auto-org dialog.
Bex

Re: 4.1.0.1609 -- auto-organize dialog/tab

Post by Bex »

Oh yes, I strongly support this wish, for the very same reason!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

I agree - this cannot be the intended behavior!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Not a fan of the tab, would prefer to have the window back.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Window because its too easy to get confused with normal list when viewing large numbers of files in list to move, its been a window for so long now its like changing the mona lisa's smile to a froun. Just not a well liked thing to do.

I believe it was in window in first place to help keep it as a different process from the list view.

However if it is getting tougher to keep it in a window for coding then by all means make it easier to write the program code. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I prefer the window too, but I can see 1 small benefit in that you can navigate the Library (other tab) and compare/study files while using Auto-Organize Files.
kknostman

How to force auto-organize into window, not tab

Post by kknostman »

Using 4.1 and I noticed that the auto-organize dialogs are no longer opening in separate windows but rather in integrated tabs now.... not sure if the change was made prior to 4.1 but I haven't used MM in a while.

What option do I change to place it back into resizable dialog box mode? It's very difficult to work with this way as 1) its' a smaller window (since it's a tab and not resizable) and 2) it does not maintain the same view you were working with before you used the function. It adds many additional unnecessary steps to every organize process since if you had say a search up you will have to reorganize the search to what you were working with before.

Thanks.
Last edited by nohitter151 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

I just tried the 4.1 beta [#1617] and I too want to join the chorus and revert the tab behavior of auto-organize back to a floating window seen in 4.0.x and earlier, or at least make an option. It is frustrating to auto-organize albums in the main playlist where one is immediately focused to the new auto-organize tab. When switching back to the playlist tab one is no longer in the area of the albums that were selected. Instead, one is whisked back to the beginning of the playlist instead of the portion of the playlist before the auto-focusing of the auto-organize tab. This is a jarring experience when one is browsing through a large playlist.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
VALIS666

Post by VALIS666 »

Another request to go back to the pop-up window, or at least have the option to do so. This is really hard to work with because you lose your previous selection/view once you autotag your files and close that tab.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

VALIS666 wrote:Another request to go back to the pop-up window, or at least have the option to do so. This is really hard to work with because you lose your previous selection/view once you autotag your files and close that tab.
I haven't had that experience. After I perform the auto-organize action it takes me right back to the node/view I was previously using.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should go back to the previous view (eg. tab), however the file selection is lost, something which I've reported already: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10501
kknostman

Post by kknostman »

Hi

Will this request be added to 4.1? It's very difficult to work with file renaming/organizing processes now with this change. It was a much smoother process with the floating window before (at least imo).

Thanks!
WasAboutToMakeThread

Post by WasAboutToMakeThread »

An option to choose which would be use would be nice.

The tabbed auto-organize offer little advantage aside from "1 instance" of MM and a more "fluent" interfaces. However it produce problems such as unable to have multiple size of Mediamonkey. In order to make Auto-organize windows larger I have to Maximize MM itself.

In order to look at other files beside from the one I am organizing is impossible without change tab back and forth. These are based on a few problem that I faces within short time. Will 'complain' more should I run in more.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I don't know if it is just my video card (NVIDIA Quadro 600) but every few weeks or so a MM dialog box gets buried under the main MM window, which freezes MM. It is frustrating trying to get back to the buried dialog box. I minimise everything to the desktop (Win 7), switch back and forth between applications on the task bar, switch back and forth between my two screens, without success. After a while, and some frustration, MM seems to sort the z-order out correctly.

MM is the only application that I have this problem with.

So I'm not a big fan of MM dialog boxes.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
CanEmphasize

Post by CanEmphasize »

I too run into that problem you describe, however it trouble is minimal and only occur when I tab back and forth a lots during my tagging and sort 'mode'. It is a worthy problem in trade of having a separate windows.

Now that I been using the tabbed Auto-organize more found a new problem with it. Not sure if I should make a new thread or use this existing one since it very much related to the topic.

Bug: Build 1630
Problem: After auto-organize tab return to "First tab", rather than the previous used tab.

Step to reproduce: (example) Tab 1: 'Now Playing'. Tab 2: 'Music'. Click on "Music" tab, select a few files for "auto-organize (ctrl+r)
Tab 3: will become 'auto-organize tab'. Clicking "OK" or "Cancel" will return to Tab 1: "Now Playing". It should return to your previous used tab, Tab 2: Music.