Anticipate the next audio track when auto-converting? [#9634

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

greedyzebra

Anticipate the next audio track when auto-converting? [#9634

Post by greedyzebra »

Hi,

Just started playing around with streaming from MM to a Pioneer receiver. Most of my collection is encoded in Apple Lossless so MM is set up to auto-convert from this format to .wav. Works great! I've got a super fast computer and conversion to .wav is very quick.

However, the conversion is not fast enough to successfully stream something like a live album or an album like Dark Side of the Moon (tracks with no space in between), seemingly because it appears MM is converting one track at a time (I have never seen more than one track at a time in the temp directory).

In this day and age of copious storage (MM still allows one to define a max "temp" storage space) and CPUs fast enough to efficiently handle "real time" file conversion, I'd think MM would look ahead in the track list and convert the next few files so they are immediately ready for gapless streaming.

Is this possible? Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to define a max number of buffered tracks?

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Anticipate the next audio track when auto-converting?

Post by Lowlander »

I wonder if it is possible, would be great if it is, as I'm not sure MediaMonkey knows what the next track is.

I really hope this can be implemented by the developers. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9634