Auto-Organize by DiskNumber + Track number

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

WACOMalt

Auto-Organize by DiskNumber + Track number

Post by WACOMalt »

Hi there. I am tryinbg to reorganise my music library with Media Monkey Gold, which I love so far!

But I wondered when having it auto-organize files based on tags, is there a way to only use a field if data exists for it?
For example if I have it do \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc#:2> - <Track#:2> - <Title>

And an album is only one CD, I'll get something like \Music\A-Ha\Love Is Reason\01 - 01 - Take On Me.mp3

The first number is kinda pointless, and in fact if I had nothing as the disk number tag Id get something like \Music\A-Ha\Love Is Reason\ - 01 - Take On Me.mp3

which is way annoying. I also dont want to have to set every single song that either isnt on an album, or only has 1CD, as disk 1 just to get my files sorted.

Is there any way to make it so if an album only has one disc, that it would skip the "<Disc#:2> - " part of the renaming?

This is the only thing stopping me from full reorganizing my files.

Oh also, when having it syncronize, is there a way to have it simply copy my main drive's folder structure? rather than rebuilding it on the device based on the "destination" tab? Id like to organize my files however, and have that 1 to 1 copy to my phone. (That way I can treat single disc/no disc albums separately in naming, and just having that stay that way when it sends to my phone rather than it applying the same rules to everything)
BKKKPewsey

Re: Auto-Organize by DiskNumber + Track number

Post by BKKKPewsey »

WACOMalt wrote:But I wondered when having it auto-organize files based on tags, is there a way to only use a field if data exists for it?
For example if I have it do \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc#:2> - <Track#:2> - <Title>
You should be using the if function eg

Code: Select all

\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\$if(<Disc#>,<Disc#:2> -,) <Track#:2> - <Title>
See http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ormats/4.0
:)
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
WACOMalt

Post by WACOMalt »

Thanks! I had no idea about the if statement. time to organize!

lastly is there a way to easily remove disc number tags from single disc albums?
max.andre82

Post by max.andre82 »

Have this been resolved or is there a solution for this. Im also looking for a solution for "lastly is there a way to easily remove disc number tags from single disc albums?"

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There isn't, other than selecting files on single disc Albums and removing the Disc# tag in Properties.
max.andre82

Post by max.andre82 »

Ahhh man, that's going to be a lot of work lol.

Oh well, Thank you @Lowlander

Appreciate it!