Erase your wishlists class. Open Jajuk and begin taking note

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

prump

Erase your wishlists class. Open Jajuk and begin taking note

Post by prump »

In my ever so humble opinion, Jajuk has done something truly special in terms of layout and ease of use.
And really, is there anything more important? Foobar, for instance has every horn and whistle imaginable.
If you have a Master's in CS and the endless weekends open to experiment and tweak. I don't. Most don't.

On the other end of the scale we have the equally honkalicious Jajuk. Giving J Rivers and MediaMonkey a run for their money! Behold.
Why, if it wasn't for the fact that they have no burning capabilities, and none in the works, I'd be tempted to trade MM for Jajuke.
(Also: no awesome 'fade volume then shutoff MM' sleep function, which, at this point...is essential to my bedtime routine!)

But ==> Wowie Zowie. I'd like to direct your attention to the left side of the following screens:
http://jajuk.info/index.php/Screenshots

That's The Future, son. Jajuk is just a little closer to it than MM, right now.

=====> Specifically, 'Display', 'Information' and 'Stats'.
So intuitive and visually appealing! Brilliant! Even a non-techie like me can figure it out.
The 'Library Statistics Report' is built right into the framework. ===> Awesome.
Complete with giant colored pie chart! I am smiling ear to ear at this point.

Click on the 'Information' perspective...and it automatically brings up the Wiki Article on whatever artist is playing!
I ask you... seriously...HOW EFFIN' COOL IS THAT? ====> Wow.

The screenshots above don't do it justice, take a test drive. With the little 'tour' they offer. It's amazing.
I'm telling you, if they had CD burning capabilities (which, at this point in time are essential for any Jukebox)...well...
let's just say..I'd hate to think what would happen to my years long commitment to The Monkey.

In short, if you want to see the future of Jukebox Software...just erase whatever's on your current wishlist and start taking notes:
==> Jajuk. I'm tellin' ya. I sincerely hope MM takes this and RUNS. WITH. IT. There are a few functions in MM that are just CLUNKY.

Getting to play my library randomly take a few more steps than it should, for instance.
Questionable and buggy plug-ins should not be the bread and butter of a high class software like Media Monkey!
How long have we/you been around? Years and years! C'mon! Your paying customers will reward you!

Rest on your laurels for long...and you'll be a relic. The vacuum will be filled. Your ego, deflated.
Step out of this bubble (forum) and look what your competition is doing. They're hungry. You're fat.
Favor techie wankery over practical, consumer focused ease of use, and you'll be that interesting oddity, gathering dust in the museaum of old tech.

We'll see what you do with this advice, I guess.
:wink:

peace.
prump

Re: Erase your wishlists class. Open Jajuk and begin taking

Post by prump »

For some reason, cannot edit my above post! :(

But, I wanted to chime in that the little dice symbol to play library randomly ===> Nice!
Same with simple looking radio button to play favorite Internet Radio Stations.

One thing I (also) have found cumbersome about Jajuk is the playlist function.
I much prefer MM's (and most other Jukebox's) way of dealing with this.

Right Click File > Send To > Playlist / New Playlist.
Or just drag and drop. Very simple. Love it.

Make it simple without making it simple.
... or whatever that pithy phrase is.
Fungud

Post by Fungud »

Not bad. Can't see how to do a few things, and the forum is mainly in Russian, but...not bad.
i LOVE the simple...user friendly layout. More competition for the big two (MM and JRMC) is always a good thing for us underlings!
:D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Nice post, I assigned post to you so that you can edit it if needed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts